“Mr & Mrs ”

The Welcome Inn
Ranked #34 of 260 Restaurants in Skegness
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lovely family pub, atmospheric, catering for all ages and all occasions. Always welcome at The Welcome Inn :)
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

we went today and as always what a lovely meal steak and ale pie spot on banners and mash was Hugh if you go in you won't be disappointed

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 10, 2018

We booked a table for six of us on Saturday 7th July 18. On arrival we were greeted and informed of our table number and we would be seated there at our booking time. It was extremely busy we were therefore informed that there was a waiting time of an hour. As we were made aware we did not mind the wait. Our meals arrived as specified and they were definitely worth the wait. Every meal was cooked from fresh and cooked to perfection I will happily return to this restaurant. Excellent food, excellent service. A pleasure to visit.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely experience here. Phoned an hour beforehand to book as we wanted to use taste card. Lovely staff, very helpful. The food is cooked to order so a small wait but not too long. I had a lamb steak and mum had a lasagne, no problem with customising mums order as she doesn't eat salad or chips. I would recommend giving them a try

Reviewed June 27, 2018

Let me start with the positives :

Staff - friendly & helpful
Service - excellent
Play area - perfect and well maintained
Drinks - good choice reasonable price
Food - outstanding, everything above expectations

All this was going swimmingly until I needed to change my two year olds nappy;

The baby changing is in the ladies, and when I asked this at the bar they suggested they check for any ladies for me. That’s fine, unless a lady then walks in, if I don’t have my partner with me it would have been a very strange concept.

But the main issue I have isn’t just this occasion but what about any others, you are effectively saying that females are the only ones that change babies. I regularly take my daughter out and haven’t had this issue before, there is either specific baby changing or it’s in a disabled loo that’s accessible to both.

Really a big issue for us and even with all the good points, makes me not want to revisit the establishment unless there is a change.

Date of visit: June 2018
The Welcome - i... c, Manager at The Welcome Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

I am sorry you felt like this and unfortunately the pub was built before the times of disabled toilets and the male toilets having urinals not ideal for changing nappies hence the staff member offered to wait out side the door whilst you changed your babies bottom and if a lady had needed the toilet she could of used an alternative situated in the pool room x

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We visited on Father’s Day as a family of 6, we hadn’t booked but the waitress seated us near the door to the play area.

The table had a reserved sign on it as did most of the tables but she said not to worry. And got a high chair for my daughters baby.

We ordered a round of drinks and asked about the carvery, The chef said that it was finished but that there was enough food if we wanted to have it.

The meat was quite nice it was all gluten free apart from the usual Yorkshire pudding and stuffing to which I didn’t have.
Some of the vegetables were quite burnt and the gravy tasted awful.

We ordered ice cream and another round of drinks!
A guy then came to the table telling us to move as we were on his table. So my daughter went to speak to the staff at the bar.
The manager came over and asked us to move as we shouldn’t of sat on a reserved table we explained the situation but she was quite rude.

We went to sit outside and finish our drinks. As we were made to feel unwelcome after spending well over £100. We are locals and have gone to the pub on quite a few occasions and my daughter had her baby shower there too. I can’t believe how we were treated. If the staff had said that we had two hours to eat and drink as the table was reserved at a set time then it wouldn’t of been a problem but we were not told that and were made out to be liars.
We won’t be returning.