“Very good for lunch!”
Review of Epton Ltd

Epton Ltd
Ranked #3 of 27 Quick Bites in Skegness
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Grabbed the last free table at lunch today - very busy even though not peak season! I had fish fingers and chips, my boyfriend had fish and chips. Both came with 2 added extras - we both had mushy peas and bread and butter. Other options were curry sauce and gravy. Very generous portions and good value for money. Would definitely visit again - not in peak season!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Stopped for lunch today on a busy Saturday in March. Found the last free table and ordered our food. We were sat in the window with the sun streaming through. It was chilly outside but the sun was a nice warmer!
I had fish chips and mushy peas with bread and butter and my girlfriend had the fish fingers. Drinks and bread and butter arrived quickly with some great retro paper party cups! The bread and butter had to be dispatched quickly or it was going to dry out in the sun. 10 minutes and fresh hot food arrived. Fish was nice and not greasy. Chips were tasty and peas were peas.
Fish fingers were nice but the end bit of one had gone hard and had to be left.
Only one single toilet cubicle to facilitate the whole restaurant which was a bit tight and caused a mini queue at times. It’s also adjacent to the kitchen so people are queuing where the staff are trying to get in and out. A shame but not much that you can do with the space available. I’d happily go here again but I do have my favourites elsewhere in Skegness.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Steve_Lincs1
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

Oh dear I have to say I am very disappointed In my lunch today. This place has been highly recommended and I was looking forward to trying them. I had fish chips and peas. The fish was very poor quality and still had the skin on. Why can't people just take off the skin. Fish skin is inedible. The battery was truly TERRIBLE. really really thick and flat. Batter should be light and crunchy. This was thick and stodgy and very chewy. It tasted as though it had been sat there all day yet it had just come out of the fryer. And the chips were also freshly cooked which made them too hard and a little too brown. And the mushy peas were very bright green. Tasted ok but looked like toxic waste. A little less food colouring should be used next time. I won't be eating from here again I'm afraid. What a shame.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

These are extremely high quality fish and chips. They come a very close second (in my opinion) to Arnside Fish n Chip shop up in Cumbria. The fish was fresh fried and the chips were lovely and crisp with a flaky undertone. The mushy peas were creamily luminous. A particular highlight was the curry sauce. They have absolutely nailed it on the curry sauce. The (Polish?) Lady who served us provided excellent service. I would definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

Visited today can’t recommend this place highly enough, piping hot freshly cooked fish & chips, the restaurant is spotlessly clean & the staff are friendly & attentive, best fish &chips I’ve had for many years.well worth a visit

Date of visit: October 2018