“A Happy Stay”

Oakley Guest House
Oakley Guest House
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Skegness
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Parking is easy and so close to the beach and town centre.
Pleased to see you again.
Clean, comfortable and a good nights sleep.
Breakfast is fresh, hot and always with interesting people.
I get to enjoy my favourite room and catch up with some of the other regulars.
The owners know their patch and give you what you ask for.
Thank you for sharing and caring Oakley Owners.
Your keeness to please your guests works for me.

Room Tip: No tips I like my room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank William B

Reviewed March 26, 2012

The initial welcome was good, and the room rate reasonable. Room itself was very clean, with adequate showering facilities. Very basic tea and coffee making facilities. However, the stay was ruined by thr strict 0800hrs breakfast time, especially as the clocks went forward, and we were both looking forward to a relaxing stay and were very tired. Only one other couple were in the breakfast room, and as soon as they left, the table was cleared, making the breakfast very hurried. We were not offered any choice of breakfast, but my husband enjoyed eating both fry-ups as I hate bacon and sausages. We couldn't wait to leave, but that was compouned by a guest leaving their car blocking our escape route, and we had a long wait for them to be roused. The hosts were aware of this and I feel, should have acted sooner.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carolyn P
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I stayed here with my two young children, the top floor room was a little bit of a struggle for us but when we got up there the room was perfect. The bedding was soft and comfy and the beds were lovely, my girls and I had two fantastic nights sleep. The en-suite was tiney and the shower seemed to onl understand two settings (freezing or boiling) but the toilet came in handy for my girls in the middle of the night on more than one ocassion. The free view was a welcome plus also.
The owners made us feel very welcome and were a fountain of knowlage about skegness, they were incredibly helpful. The breakfast was huge and where as I really enjoyed it might I sugest the owners do a childrens size also. We were supplied with plenty of tea and toast and cereal.
The only reason we probably wont stay here again is because we want to experience other b&bs.
Thanx for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lornaloo
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Friendly staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome. We used this hotel with a young family and nothing was too much to ask. Fantastic breakfast served fresh and extremely hot ( not like the preheated ones you sometimes get). Overall - lovely place - will use again!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank J1M2909
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Just returned from a four night stay at the Oakley Guest house.The standard single room I had was spacious clean had satellite t v and ample tea coffee making facilities.There was bathroom facilities on the same landing.There is car parking to the front and rear of the guest house.
The hosts Ann and Alan are very welcoming and friendly.I tried the Sunday evening meal which was plentiful and of good quality.The location on Drummond Road is close to centre of Skegness the sea front and beach but is also quiet and peaceful at night.
Would return again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2009

The Oakley is situated on Drummond Road just past Sandbeck Avenue. It is a 5 minute walk to the centre of skegness. I stayed there on a bed and breakfast basis. The guest house is very clean the service and the breakfast are very good. An evening meal is also available. Would recommend

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo