See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Returned here for a long weekend with my partner before our baby comes along. Great stay couldn't fault the staff always doing there best. Clean Rooms every night, friendly staff. Breakfast is a must, good food with an option sheet in your room for what you do want with your breakfast. Good location close to the seafront you can usually park outside the hotel on a first come first served basis. The hotel is clean & pleasant. We will be returning in the future as they allow kids & have travel cots & high chairs. We look forward to coming down next year! Thanks guys, once again amazing stay as we was here 2years ago too. Never fail to disappoint

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maxiiner96
Reviewed January 27, 2017

Stayed here on Thursday 19/01/2016 for two nights. I booked an en-suite single room and would of been quite happy with that considering I managed to find this place on offer a few days before I travelled, Well what a bargain, not that I will say how much I paid, but then to arrive and being told that I was to be given a en-suite double room was a shock to my system. The proprietor (Sorry, Duck, but I am useless with names!) showed me to my room. Wow, how nice it really looked (sorry, yes, I should have taken some photos). Well, the room looked out over the front of the hotel and onto the road. But this hotel is in a one way street where you enter from one road, go round, and came back onto the other road, so there is no through traffic, and thus very quiet. It is also only a three minute walk to the promenade and pier.

Well, the bed was very comfort and with four big fluffy/plumpy pillows, a lovely warm duvet and even a eiderdown on top!. There were Tea/coffee facilities on the dressing table, a good comfy chair to sit in, and a decent size digital flat screen tv on the wall. The en-suite was functional with wash basin, loo and shower, which got very hot. So that's it about the room, a lovely room, you should not be disappointed.

Breakfast: You are left a menu form in your room to fill out, ticking boxes for what you would like for breakfast. Some people may not like this system a they cant decide what they want until they wake up. The amount of hotels I have stayed in seeing dried up eggs and sausages because they have no idea what their clients want is unbelievable, and your breakfast is spoilt. (Please see my review of The 3* Blakeney Manor Hotel - The plates were that hot out the oven that everything came still cooking and dried up!).
That did not happen here. I am not a big breakfast eater, but I chose bacon, egg, tomatoes, beans and mushrooms, which I must say was very enjoyable.

Overall, for a budget end establishment, this place was far better then I expected, so thank you to the proprietors. I hope to return one day soon.

Skegness was quiet at this time of year, but I was not there for its attractions but to visit Gibralter Point Nature Reserve.

Finally, to the contractors staying at the hotel on the Thursday night that came in at 3am, no, you did not wake me up, that bed was far to comfortable.

Thanks all, yes, I recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
Merrydale H, Owner at Merrydale, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2017

thank u for your review. pleased to here that u enjoyed your stay. and hope to see u again.

Reviewed December 12, 2016

Spent a night at the Merrydale, and it did everything it said on the tin. Suzanne was lovely ... helped us locate the place (we arrived after dark, without SATNAV) ... and advised us on where to go within walking distance for dinner. (Williams' Bar ... a good choice.) We'd booked a double (two bed) room. Turned out they didn't have any, but she'd already arranged two rooms for us, at the original agreed price. Rooms were clean and efficient ... telly, toilet and shower, everything worked. Excellent breakfast in the morning, with terrific coffee. Nothing pretentious, just a typical seaside guest house ... friendly, well located, does the job. One recommendation: For those without small children, the winter months are a great time to visit Skegness ... it's nearly empty, so the shops and restaurants are a pleasure, solitary walks on the beach are great ... nothing like the amusement park atmosphere of July and August.

Room Tip: Rooms are much of a much ... none has an advantage, as far as I could see, but all are good.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Merrydale H, Owner at Merrydale, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2016

pleased to here u had a nice and enjoyable stay with us.hope u have a nice xmas and new year.take care hope to see u again.

Reviewed November 7, 2016

Stayed here for 2 Nights November 2016.
Staff were very friendly and happy to assist with anything we needed, and happy to answer questions about the best places to go in Skegness.

There was a group of 8 of us stayed here and although we found the rooms a little small they were clean & tidy and more than suitable for our needs.

I usually find Cooked breakfast at B&Bs a bit 'greasy' but at Merrydale it was very nice and cured the Hangover nicely :-)

Can't understand some of the negative reviews on here... if your Paying £25.00 Per Night per Person this is exactly what you'd expect of a B&B in the price range, I have No Complaints at all.

P.S... Ask for Room 3... it's a little smaller than some of the other rooms but it has the Comfiest Bed I've ever slept in... I did not want to get out of it!!!

Room Tip: Room 3 - I've travelled a lot and this is the comfiest bed I've ever stayed in.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank LeeG1076
Merrydale H, Owner at Merrydale, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

we are pleased to here u enjoyed your stay with us.we do our best to make u feel at home.again thank u for your kind thoughts take care and we hope to see u again.

Reviewed October 29, 2016

just come back from a brilliant couple of days here.very friendly hosts,clean and warm , nice breakfast will be booking again for next year. We Highly recommend This b n b it's near to town centre and the beach,with parking and wifi .

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Merrydale H, Manager at Merrydale, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

pleased u enjoyed your stay look forward to seeing u again.have a nice xmas and new year.