“Good place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skegness
Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Nice area good clubs. Drinks maybe a little over priced. Just outside skegness however a bus will come in to the park and it takes you into skegness. Kids shows on at night. Amusement arcade. Swimming pool etc and gym.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank papylon009
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased to inform you that Park Resorts has just negotiated a fantastic new deal with a new brewery and we have changed some products. This means that there has not been any increase in various products including draught beers and cider. In fact some of these are up to 30p cheaper than last year. Once again thanks very much for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The caravan was a 2012 model. You would expect this to be clean and look modern. However nothing could be further from the truth.

All surfaces were covered in grime, the sinks, the mirrors the floors were disgusting. All the cutlery was very old and covered in stains. It looked like someone had been digging in the garden with them. Underneath the bin liner in the bin was old food. And the frying pan was covered in old grease it had turned black.

We booked for a 5 day holiday but my son developed severe diarrhea. We had to leave on the 4th day and he developed a severe sickness bug the next day.

This was due to basic sanitary steps not followed by the park. All the toilets on the park not only looked filthy but the odour was disgusting. The swimming pool was awful, the changing rooms were dirty and there was a scum covering the water in the pool. I took my kids swimming once and never took them again. I was hoping to go on holiday with my partner and children to have a relaxing time. I didn’t expect to go on holiday for one of them to be poorly. I couldn’t wait to get back to work.

The only thing I can say positive about the park is that the grounds are kept immaculate. The hedges are cut nice, the grass is kept short. On first impressions it looks the business. It’s a shame the park doesn’t have the same standards in regards to hygiene.

All the information above was told to the reception staff before we left, I have completed a survey that was sent to me by Park Resorts but I still haven’t received an explanation or apology. As they have not contacted me to resolve my complaint I have left my honest review which is based on facts and not my personal opinion.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bushking

Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in this response. Secondly, I am very disappointed that your stay with us was poor as we pride ourselves on providing fantastic services and facilities. Having said that I would like the opportunity to investigate this further so could you please contact the park at Debbie.lindop@park-resorts.com and provide us with your booking reference number so that I can look into this matter further. Your comments have been taken very seriously and I will complete a full investigation. On a lighter note, I would like to inform you that we have just had a £1m investment into our Swimming pool and changing area therefore the quality will be improving. Thank you for your comments regarding the landscaping and grounds which I will pass on to the maintenance and grounds team.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

lovely place to stay been here 3 times and also have family on the site most of the year, although the last 2 visits we have seen the food in the restaurant start to get worst i.e. small portions, poorly cooked, expensive for food quality and little choice this is a big issue as we wouldn’t want to be travelling too far to get a decent meal

The last caravan was a gold plus so was very nice in a nice location at the back of the site in sunset

Entertainment is ok although same show as previous year and poor sound quality on mayhem madness

I will return to this park when we hear the food is up to scratch

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dan_H_1988

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I would like to inform you of some very important changes this year at Southview. We have invested into improving the menu selection and quality and I am very happy to announce that we have a brand new menu this year and it is looking fantastic and very reasonably priced. Also, we have a new Entertainment and Sports & Leisure package which will have lots of fantastic new activities for the family (see new Park Resorts Brochure). I have taken your comments on board and I will pass them on to the team to ensure that these new activities and menus are the best they can be this season. I hope you will come and give us another look.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Now it's 2013 and thinking about the holiday season again we have started looking what is available again at Southview. We had 4 very enjoyable 4 day breaks there last year May, June, August and September and have to say once again they were all very enjoyable mostly due the the very helpful and professional team in reception. they always listened to use and found us just the caravans we wanted. Always go for a Gold plus, best in the British weather and we like Sunset, it's a good walk to the club etc but lovely on a nice summers night and so quiet overlooking fields. The vans are always comfortable but hope they have got some new one's for 2013 as they are showing wear and tear now. entertainment always good and the camp is so clean and tidy with plenty of ground staff and security around.
Will book soon and maybe try April this year for a start. Looking forward to going a few times again this year so keep up the good work and best of luck for 2013.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind words and feedback. It goes without saying that I am very happy that we can offer you such a great holiday experience and that you have now become one of our regular visitors. I will pass on your kind words to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed in a deluxe suite, as its a suite you'd think it would be lovely, it was warm, with a flat screen tv with good free view channels, and mini fridge, balcony, super king size bed in the suite but on the sofa bed, the blankets and sheets wasn't clean, I don't mean abit of muck I mean filthy there was blood on the pillow and sheet, and no pillow cases, I don't know if it was a mistake they forgot to change the bedding but I had to sleep init, In the end i got the second quilt from the proper big bed and went to sleep in that, over all its lovely, NOT THE IDEAL PLACE TO STAY, BUT THE BEST IN SKEGNESS, OHH NEVER STAY IN A HOTEL IN SKEGGY TOWN NEAR SEA THERE MANK WITH NOTHINK CLEAN AT ALL-I rate south view hotel 3stars,

Room Tip: If your staying here check your bedding and pillows
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EllieTr

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for what happened with the sofa bed. I can’t comment as to how it happened but I can assure you that I will look into this to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at Southview Park Resort from 24th Sepember 2012, it was awful. The caravan was freezing cold even with the gas fire on in the from room, that was the only form of heating. We actualy found that once we pulled the duvet up the bed to cover us up there was a hole at the bottom of the bed, we stuffed it with a pillow we found in the wardrobe, you would not have put this pillow on your bed as the stuffing was coming out of it.

The furniture in the frontroom area was badly stained and damp, it looked like a bottle of red wine had been spilt on the furniture, which we found out to be true as no bins had been emptied and the bottle was in the bin.

When my husband complained, he was told well it is the end of the season what do you expect. A clean warm caravan is what we expect, not a cold damp one, would I ever recoment the site to anyone NEVER, utter waste of money.

We filled a questionaire upon our return and also wrote a letter of complaint, they sent a letter back, stating we hadn't complained within the standard 28 days, odd I complained the day after we came home, but then what can you expect from something so substandard.

Please think carefuly before you go to this site, this was what happened to us, it does not mean it will happen to you, but it is expensive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vinottoe

Firstly I would like to apologise for what happened during your stay with us. I can assure you that whether you come and stay with us in March or in September we strive to deliver the same service and quality all season. I would like to investigate this further and I would suggest that you contact us on Debbie.lindop@park-resorts.com with your booking reference number and your comments in the email and I will complete a full investigation. Thank you very much for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

It is a good park. The caravan rooms are small and the tv is quite bad. However, there is a great lakeside bar and arcade. There is a costa, swimming pool, gym and recently they have upgraded the pool. They do an amazing Sunday roast. There is company (ducks) haha. There is a small supermarket and the park is not far off town so you can go and see the clocktower and there are plenty of fish and chip shops and fudge, rock and classic sweet shops. Always bring your scarf and hat. :)

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank madz1207

I would like to thank you very much for your kind words. I’m delighted to hear that you had a good stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to my team and feel free to come and visit us again soon.