“Best Carvery Ever”

The Royal Oak
Coventry, UK
“Best Carvery Ever”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We ate here last week, after driving past and seeing the signs for a cheap carvery. It doesn't look the best from the outside but the smell of the food before going inside made my tummy grumble.
We were a bit dissapointed as my partner didn't fancy the carvery like me and the kids he wanted a mixed grill off the main menu and when we went to pay for the carvery and ask for a menu for my partner they said they didn't start serving the menu food untill 3:30pm and the carvery stopped at 3:00pm. He sid he didn't mind waiting so me and the children carried on with our food.
The carvery was fantastic. Real gravy, great tasting roasties, lovely big yorkshire, soft vegetables and melt in your mouth roast beef. What more could you ask for for such a low price.
Whilst my partner waited he had a pint of guiness what he said was one of the best pints he's had.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank ammestrebor

Bolton, Gr Manchester, England
“Food nice everything else awful”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Ate here yesterday 22nd August. The whole place is run down looks like it had a nice refurbishment a couple of years ago but now it is grubby. My chair was broken, tables sticky, carpet yuk! Sink missing in the ladies. The smell i don't know what it was but the whole place stunk. Cutlery came in soggy paper napkins. My steak pie was nice though as was my hubbys tikka masala both had plenty of meat in 2 meals for a tenner although they did have a few offerings at 2 for £5.95. If you can close your eyes and peg your nose its worth a visit.

Derby, United Kingdom
“lovely”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

the carvery is lovely my mother in law has eaten here several times and we visited as she recommended it and the food is to die for is really really lovely

Visited July 2012
Hull, England
“Good for the price”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Went here today for Sunday carvery whilst on a weekend break in ingoldmels. Price very good paid under Six pound each. This place usuales does a full menu, but only a carvery on sundays, so not so good if people in your party would like something else other than a cooked dinner. Also not very happy that I couldnt get a hot drin, wanted a cuppa but was told no hot drinks. Carvery was good, good choice of veg, 3 meats on offer, cauliflower cheese, roast and new potatoes. I chose the beef and it was delicious. The only let down was the frozen yorkshire pudding, I prefer homemade rather then ready made. Would visit again though, as a good meal generally for the price.

“Good value for money, nice place, food not brilliant, staff unprofessional”
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Good value for money, cheap but food not a great standard. Service was good, but staff member smoking by front door under a non smoking sign, had to walk through with 2 toddlers.