“Rubbish”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I took my family for a meal here the waiter had to be asked to take our drinks order.
While sitting we noticed strands of hair on our table -which were on the cutlery as well.
Our food came and it was luke warm we ordered lamb and chicken curry and spinach with potatoes-frankly the portions were miserly.
We had chapatis(flatbreads) with the food we ordered 4 to start with which were soon gone. After waiting ages for a waiter we asked for more chapatis-after waiting 5-7 mins we spoke to the waiter as our currys had gonw cold he said "it will take time as the kitchen is too busy" i when asked why i wasnt told this earlier he shrugged and said have rice as its your fault-"you should have known how much you will eat and ordered all together"-shocking-
The boss came and started shouting and said the same -I told him we will not pay as my food is all cold.
After a long argument- he grudgingly rook my food and reheated it and brought 2 chapatis out-too late!! our apetite had gone.
Will not go back

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had been to this Restaurant when we went to Skegness last time so we decided to go again on a Saturday night. We had to wait about 10 mins for a table (not too bad for a Saturday night) when we were shown to the table the waiters took our drink order and how many times can you get a Bicardi & coke wrong,well it was 3 times,every time they were bringing a pint of coke,anyway once we got that sorted we chose our meals and waited. Popadoms were nice especially the onion salad. The hot trays were then put onto our table but with only one candle working it was not very hot,then came the curries, what a disappointment, it was luke warm and tasteless,we were going to send it back but we decided to mix it all up to get some heat.
We will not be going back here for a very long time.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Visited skeggy for along weekend. Fancied a curry one night so went into Agra as was near our hotel and collected a take away, the food was so nice! One of the best Indians I've tasted, was a bit doubtful at first as decor was but naf, but food was so nice but the nan breads were quite greasy, would defo reccMend this if you fancy a Indian take away

1  Thank Katielouise01279
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have tried both the takeaway and delivery service and both are excellent.
Not that I've only used them once or twice, I've had food from there many times and have yet to find a better one in Skeggie.
The meals are second to none and they arrive hot!

I have used many Indian takeaways/delivery services, some good, some bad and having 'emigrated' from Birmingham, I was a little sceptical about the standard of food in Skegness, it being a much smaller town.

However, I needn't have worried because I was pleasantly surprised, and the Agra Tandoori surpassed itself. Many Indian dishes can taste the same, no matter if you order a Patia or a Bhuna, or whatever, but the meals from this restaurant taste so different from each other. Wonderful!

So YES, I would highly recommend the Agra Tandoori to anyone, locals and holiday makers alike.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Arrived in Skeggy @ 18:30 and was desperate to have a reasonable meal; this was what we had @ the Agra. I can understand the service comments elsewhere first time in an Indian where the main course came in 3 separate stages (I confirm this was not supposed to happen), however we were after a quick tasty meal with no frills - that was exactly what we got.

I know it was rather sad but we had an Indian in Woodhall Spa the previous evening and had exactly the same choices (other than we had an extra nan and soft drink @ the Agra); The Agra was 50p cheaper overall and more importantly the nans were really very, very good; so good value as well!

It was very busy, with a quick turn over of clientele during our meal.