All reviews light sleeper check in was quick late at night decent size comfy bed would definitely stay here again town centre the ground floor one night stay on site johnathon skeg weekend seafront loads
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2019

booked for Saturday night at Easter and was well chuffed to get a room so late.Room was on the second floor and was a fantastic size with a huge bed and giant television and a brilliant shower. room was very clean and we were well impressed with the staff from check inn to departure so friendly and welcoming and will go back in the future.Just a couple of issues in that it needs a total redecoration and a shelf in the shower to put your Soap shampoo ect on but considering what we got for such late booking didn't bother us.

Room tip: second floor are bigger rooms
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PremierH4, General Manager at The Premier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Andrew D,

I would like to thank you for the positive review. I have recently taken up the position of General Manager and will soon be instigating a number of changes to improve the hotel.

I hope you visit us again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Jonathon Lynch

Reviewed April 20, 2019

from the outside it looks like an abandon hospital, the windows look like they have never seen soap before, plenty of room in the car park its masssive. from the looks of it the hotel shares the same kicthen as the old peoples home nextdoor. the main door was locked at the time we arrived but there was a very DIFFRENT man working the telephone. as we was shown to our rooms we walked up stairs what looked like somthink from the 20's the carpets no dirty as hell not sure if pet have been or are living there. #

out room welllllllllll. the bed looked clean, the rooms had mould on most of the walls and roof looked like they have just paint over it. the white lamp shade was yellow. the so called ensuit they claim to have is just a joke be very surprised if anyone could use the shower it looks like the have just tried to ram everythink in to a box room. room veiw look staright in to the houses behind in to the garden and there bedrooms.

we never stayed dont go here its not what you would except the man who was working at the time was ........... strange very ...... he said we could but down some bed sheets on the floor due it the carpet being black with dirt.

DO NOT STAY HERE , WE STAYED AT ANOTHER HOTEL PAID £5 MORE BUT WHAT A DIFFRENT IT WAS.

Room tip: first floor rooms - don't no stay here
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Tyboneksi,

I am extremely sorry about the issues you experienced whilst staying with us and I will personally investigate the points raised. I have recently came to the hotel as General Manager and assure you that moving forward the hotel will be going through a number of changes. Reviews similar to the one given, although very disheartening, are the only way myself as General Manager can be made aware of issues, to actively improve.

Once again I apologise and hope you understand that moving forward the hotel will not be operating in the same fashion as experienced when you stayed with us.

Kind Regards,

Jonathon Lynch

Reviewed October 16, 2018

We arrived for a one night stay in October. Having just come off the ferry in Hull, we went to the hotel, knowing that check in wasn't til 3pm, but we decided to check and see if we could check in yet. We arrived to find the building completely locked. So we went into Skegness and came back at 3pm.

Again, the door was locked, but there was an Asian gentleman to open the door and allow us in. He stated that their receptionist was ill and he was covering, but he didn't seem to know how to check people in. Surely if someone is ill, other people should know how to cover the tasks?

After a slow check in process and confirming we didn't require breakfast, we were shown our room. The gentleman who checked us in said that we needed a card to operate the electric and he would go and get this. Whilst he did that, it occurred to us that if the entrance door is locked, how would we get in later as we would be meeting with friends later in the town.

We asked the gentleman this and he asked what time we would return. We were of course not sure on this and asked how we can gain entry late at night. Normally reception is open 24 hours but as the receptionist was sick, it was not possible to keep reception open. He thought about giving us a spare key (which another guest already had - strangely, the guest in question was a friend of ours, but we were not aware of that at the time), he said he would inform us about what to do later.

We spent a couple of hours in the room to refresh and relax. The room itself is clean and newly decorated. We had no issues with the room itself.

As we left to meet our friends for the evening, the gentleman informed us that reception would be open. We made a note of the emergency number on the door and also took our car keys to sit in the car in case something happened and we couldn't gain access later.

As it turns out, when we returned later, someone was there to let us in.

In the morning as we checked out, there was a different man in charge. He insisted we had been marked down for having breakfast. We told him this was not correct as we were eating elsewhere.

There is plenty of parking on site and the town centre is around 10 minute walk.

Overall a good stay, but some training is needed for people to cover when someone is not able to work their shift.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend for one night. We weren’t expecting very much as this hotel was cheap but honestly everything was dirty, the sheets, towels, bathroom and carpet were disgusting. Luckily me and my friend had pillows and a sleeping bag in the car so we used those instead of sleeping in the bedding provided. Noisy fuse box above the bed, also spiders and hair everywhere yuck! I would never stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

I booked one night here and at £60 I knew I wouldn't be staying in luxury accommodation but on arrival the kerb appeal of this 'hotel' was none existent. The building looked like a converted office block and to be honest, the care home next door looked more inviting.
We stayed in room 102 on the ground floor and although it could have benefitted from a coat of fresh paint, properly fitted/hemmed curtains and a non wonky bathroom tap it wasn't dirty. The towels and bed sheets were clean and fresh and it was nice to have complimentary toiletries.
I can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't have any but the room where it is served was also the bar which we used in the evening. The beer was good and the prices very reasonable but the room itself left a lot to be desired, I can only describe it as a cross between a school canteen and a working man's club!
On the plus side, the staff were friendly and welcoming but I'm afraid the place itself is more suited to being described as a hostel rather than a hotel. Would I recommend it? No. Would I stay here again? Definitely not.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple