“VILE!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skegness
Auntie Ruth's Guest House
Ranked #85 of 92 Skegness B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2012

me and my partner took my 1 year old son and 5 year old niece to skegness for the weekend 17th 20th august 2012... we originally going camping but due to bad weather we had to look for a b&B, this was the only place with vacancies...and now i see why! the lady opended the door told us she would charge £35per adult total £75??? when we said we'd have a look round she practically threw us out the door and slammed the door in our faces...HOW RUDE! wouldnt send my worst enermy here she is vile,rude and deserves no custom!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Samie F

Reviewed August 6, 2012

As fans of the tv show 'Four in a bed' we thought we'd mark our stay as if Auntie Ruth's was taking part. Greeting from host: 8. Curt but friendly, gave us a choice of rooms, asked four young lads who were staying in the next room to consider us. Very thoughtful and appreciated. Cleanliness of room: 10. Absolutely spotlessly clean, fresh and airy. Facilities: 10. Plenty of tea, coffee, chocolate available. How did we sleep: 9. Like a log after removing one pillow. No noise from boys next door who apparently didn't turn in until the early hours. Breakfast: Breakfast was a surprise as we weren't told it was included when we checked in. A knock on the door just after 8 informed us that breakfast would be ready at 8.30. No problem as we were already up and showered. A choice of eggs would have been appreciated and the option of beans or tomato, not both. (I'm not a lover of beans with my breakfast, but there wasn't too many on the plate so it wasn't a problem). Plenty of cereal, juice, tea, coffee and toast, served by a very nice lady (don't know her name but her mum lived next door!) Would we stay there again: YES! Decor needs a bit updating, very green!!! but comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed August 5, 2012

this would be the second time have stayed there first time was bad enough but that was 3 years ago and the attitude was not good about my 3 year old nephew not eating his breakfast she was slatting me cause he never ate it but thought it been 3 years i try again might of changed so gave benefit of doubt but was worse the attitude for bein polite was terrible off aunt ruth then she allowes dogs in breakfast sniffing your table shaking all there hairs over ya breakfast dog hair in beds talking about people behind there back to disgusting service wouldnt reccommend

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sherry H
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I'm sure that Auntie Ruth wouldn't mind me saying that she has a rather old fashioned and possibly eccentric approach to running her guest house. I can really relate to this, as I might be considered old fashioned and eccentric by some folk. At all times she was friendly and helpful and had a lovely manner with my 7 year old daughter. She clearly loves dogs as well. Our room was spotless and perfectly fine with plenty of coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We had a jolly, friendly lady called Susan who prepared our breakfast which was smashing! I for one would be really happy to visit Auntie Ruth's again..........All I would say is that if you treat others with respect it usually works both ways.......

Room Tip: The ground floor room that we had is really convenient!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SABWork
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Although I haven't actually stayed her, I wanted to share my experiences with you.
I called this guest house yesterday to enquire about a reservation for my brother and his family and the lady I spoke to said she could squeeze them into her lounge and it could cost £60 each for the adults and £15 for each of the 3 children even though they are all very young. She said she would normally negotiate on the price but because it was a Bank Holiday, she was not willing to do so. I said I’d leave it and look elsewhere, so she said “Well screw you then”. What despicable customer service, I would certainly NOT recommend this guest house.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Tracey F
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I are currently staying in this B&B - we have found Aunty Ruths B&B immaculately clean and the owner so friendly and helpful - nothing is too much trouble - we would certainly recommend a stay here. Close to the beach, affordable, cosy and above all very well run.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle867
Reviewed May 15, 2012

After booking into this B&B then reading some of the reviews we were distinctly uneasy. However, we found the place to be clean & comfortable. The owner (Ruth) was pleasant and helpful. However, the location turned out to be a problem. We had a room on the front just above the reception. The road outside was noisy with passing traffic and with the local rowdies returning home after a night out. To compound the problems, late night residents found it necessary to ring the door bell in the early hours, and a telephone call early morning went unanswered for a long time.

Breakfast was adequte and tasty but no choice was offered, full English or full English!

We would not return but as we didn't like Skegness either that is not suprising!

Room Tip: Perhaps a room at the back would be better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple