“Excellent weekend away.”

and 1 more site!
The Bull & Swan
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for three nights from 1st March. We stayed in the 'Ram', which is a spacious room with an equally pleasant bathroom, comprising free standing bath and large shower. Throughout our stay we were always greeted by warm and friendly staff, whether it was for breakfast, or an afternoon drink. On the Sunday evening we ate in the Bedlam dining room, the standard of the food was equal to the service with which it was provided, the staff are always willing to cater for your needs. This is the third successive year we have stayed and will definitely be doing so again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Ben L, General Manager at The Bull & Swan, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We are over the moon with your very kind comments regarding your stay. We pride ourselves on our customer service and are very pleased that we lived up to your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We spent a night in the hotel, the room was nice clean and very spacious. However the room was at the front of the hotel, which was on the main road through Stamford,this got very noisy from about 11pm to 2am. Then started again at 6am, which woke us up several times. We booked into the restaurant, as it was my Wife's birthday, the menu was a bit limited, and you will need a second mortgage for the sweets, as they are all priced at £7. Unless you wanted ice-cream at £1.50 a scoop. The other downside to the room was, that when we had a shower there was a terrible smell emanating from the drains If they priced the deserts at a more reasonable price more people, including us would have them. The restaurant was less than a 1/3 full, and for a Saturday night that tells a story.

2  Thank John S
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We came here for 1 night to break a trip to the North. Whilst you may think it unfair to judge a place on one night, we can only report as we found. The rooms are well equipped and are nicely furnished and cosy. The bar was friendly and the staff pleasant. We had great expectations of the restaurant but were hugely disappointed with the quality of the food considering the price. We would stay here again but we would eat in one of the numerous restaurants to choose from in the town.

3  Thank Rosipaul

We strive to offer the best locally sourced food for our menu and are very sorry that we have fallen short in our delivery on this occasion. Your kind words about the bedroom and staff are greatly appreciated. I do hope we can tempt you back in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed in the luxury'Ram' room which was large with lovely features. A big bathroom with freestanding bath and good sized shower. Lovely comfy bed and great amenities. We ate in the dining room on the Saturday night and enjoyed a very good, if quite expensive meal. Both nights we stayed there though we were disturbed by noise below in the restaurant, on the saturday night they were dragging tables over a wooden floor way after midnight to set up for the next day. Would stay again but ask for a quieter room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for your kind words regarding the room and food. Our apologies for the noise you experienced. We have addressed our setup process to ensure that this will not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was my second stay at the Bull and Swan. My first stay was when I was working in the area and even though I slept badly as I was in a room above the bar I decided to give it a second chance as a friend had stayed in a different room and said it was lovely. So when i booked my room my my husband and myself I explained I did not want the Lion room as it was noisy. When we arrived we were shown our room by a nice member of staff who was very helpful. Once in the room ( the badger room) we were happy with the size and general appearance although linen and towels have seen better days. However, within an hour we both agreed the noise of a constantly banging door and general rowdiness of the restaurant below we're going to disturb us all evening. I immediately brought it to the manager attention but no alternative room were available so we had to put up. I am waiting on finding out what refund we will get but I just think if you are planning a quiet break in beautiful Stamford- stay elsewhere perhaps a nearby village hotel. Deeply regret booking again

Room Tip: If you want a peaceful room don't stay here. Better for younger couples.
2  Thank Maria L
Ben L, General Manager at The Bull & Swan, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us and that at the booking stage your requirements were not dealt with better. I have taken steps to ensure the doors are made quieter for future guests. I hope that the full refund on departure went some way to compensate for your poor experience with us.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed for one night on their Sunday offer £40 per person for bed and breakfast in one of the Lyon room I think it was called. It was great value for the money we felt.

The room had an enormous bed and an ornate bath in the room. Fine if you are staying with a better half! Very comfortable bed, very good breakfast.

Enough said!

1  Thank Charlie U

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is lovely to get such positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stopped by for a quick lunch and wasn't disappointed. My partner had potato and watercress soup with crusty bread and I had smoked salmon and creme fresh sandwiches with hand cut chips.......very yummy and with a drink each it all came to £20. Would definitely visit again next time I am in Stamford.

1  Thank stubbysmummy

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your meal with us and hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
The William Cecil at Stamford
#2 of 2 in Barnsdale
Greetham Valley Hotel
Greetham Valley Hotel
#1 of 1 in Greetham

Been to The Bull & Swan? Share your experiences!