“Splendid food and service”

The Gallery Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 115 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our Gallery Restaurant offers the finest gourmet dining in the evening and delightful lunchtime offerings, all at affordable and appealing prices. Our food is freshly prepared - with great emphasis on local and seasonal produce and presented by our own catering students to the highest standards. Catering graduates at New College Stamford have progressed to work at Rick Stein, the Royal Household (catering for the Royal Wedding and President Obama, and even competed in the Masterchef Semi-Final to name a few.
Sheffield
“Splendid food and service”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Well that was a lovely lunch. Excellent food and super attention by students who had only done two services before this. Most restaurants could and should learn from the students both front and back of house.

And a charming restaurant supervisor/tutor who handled the students and clients just right. Lovely.

We're booked in for a birthday fine dining dinner later in the month. Can't wait.

• Visited November 2013

Nerja, Spain
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Visited for both the Evening Dinner and the Lunch, have to say both were very good. The Food was very professionally prepared, and the service was very good. How nice to see waiters 'come back and apologize' if they got something 'not quite right'. Many so called 'Professional Establishments' simply have that 'take it or leave it' attitude.
Well done the the Students and their Tutors. Will certainly be going again

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank David T
Stamford, United Kingdom
“First visit...will certainly not be the last!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

What a hidden gem!..went here for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it... service was impeccable, food delicious..wine not bad ether!..not many places you can go for lovely 3 course lunch for £11.50! well done everyone at Stamford New College.
They also sell pastries and puddings at very reasonable cost..sausage rolls to die for!!

• Visited May 2013
Thrapston, United Kingdom
“Loved this place”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I absolutely loved my meal here, I visited with my family, the food we had was cooked to perfection, we all loved our meals and the service was fantastic. In my opinion it is the best place I have eaten in The Gallery Restaurant and I have already booked for return visit, I would happily recommend eating here to anyone.

• Visited March 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“The best food I've ever tasted”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Not only is the price very good, I have to say that the food is absolutely first class.

I could not believe it. Every dish was superb.

Well done, we will be back.

• Visited April 2013