All reviews burghley house lovely hotel the ground floor white company toiletries a large car park eggs benedict luxury room wedding venue road noise two night stay small bottle breakfast was excellent large room wedding reception tea tray old building an evening meal
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for one night and had an early start the following morning. The staff were extreamly helpful. Had room service which was quick and hot when it arrived.

WiFi was free and stable.

Had to leave early and the night porter went out of his way to make me breakfast and a cup of tea.

Nice hotel, good car park and great staff.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the William Cecil for a company event. When stayong locally I normally go to the Travelodge, so you'd think that this four star hotel would be luxury. it's very quaint but not practical. My room was tiny and in the roof space. I am 6'2" and my head hits the roof and there is just enough space for the bed. Only May but the room was uncomfortably warm after a day wth the windows closed. This was not helped by the bathroom heated towel rail being left on full. The bathroom only has a bath (this is the case with many of the rooms) and because space in the bathroom is so limited I struggled to wash my hair over the side of the bath. Final downside the room was by the road into Stamford and the blinds did not fit the windows so I was woken up at just after 5am. Also struggled to find someone to check me in. Good breakfast which was made fresh and a strong coffee did rally me in the morning. If you are looking for a piece of history this is a good choice, but not for me.

Room tip: Avoid a room in the roof space. Rooms by the road are noisy (windows are old)
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a lovely little hotel! We arrived and were given w free upgrade which had never ever happened to us before! Thank you so much.? We were only staying one night but were made very comfortable. Staff very friendly, restaurant was lovely and breakfast (especially home made granola!) was lovely. A great choice of things on the menu, especially for a smaller type hotel. So close to centre of town too. Only downsides were views from room and generator noise (although this cannot be helped) and the room was very hot (on a not very hot day) with no option to open the window. Other that that a fab place. Thank you.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Clean comfortable room. Lovely shower and comfy king size bed. Big choice at breakfast. Kind and helpful staff. Plenty of parking and outdoor seating should you wish to sit outside. Easy walk into town.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Every corner is a visual delight with its original fixtures and furnishings. The staff are lovely and approachable. My room was lavish and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was excellent with a wide and varied option. The grounds outside the Hotel mirror the inside, simply beautiful. I will retuning to this hotel without a doubt. Thank you.

Trip type: Traveled on business