Borderville Farm Guest House(Stamford)(Great Value!)
$187
$138
The Bull & Swan(Stamford)
$212
Gwynne House(Stamford)
$115
Royal Oak Hotel(Stamford)
$96
Meadow View(Stamford)
  • Breakfast included
The Green Man(Stamford)
No availability for your dates from these sites
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsburghley houselovely hotelhotel groundsthe ground floora large car parkeggs benedictluxury roombottled waterwedding venueroad noisetwo night staysmall bottlewedding receptionenjoyable staylarge bathroombreakfast was excellentstayed here for two nights
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

We have just come back from a 3 night Christmas break here. The food and service was second to none. The room although small was clean and bed comfortable. I'm just glad me and hubby are both vertically challenged!!!.The staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. Were hoping to go back next year. Well done The William Cecil.

Peter B, General Manager at The William Cecil at Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2017

That you for your great comments the whole team will be thrilled that they all made such a great impression. When you come back to stay next time please do ask our Receptionists to talk you through all our bedrooms' characteristics so that you pick the perfect one! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2016

Meant to write this review months ago, we stayed in March. Room very attractive,comfortable bed, and with large modern bathroom. Excellent breakfast! Very handy location for the town and the grounds of Burghleigh behind, the weather however was terrible so couldnt do the walks we planned.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Peter B, General Manager at The William Cecil at Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2016

Thank you for your kind words I will pass on your feedback to the entire team.
Sorry we couldn't fix the weather for you :) Burghley House will reopen in March 2017 - hopefully we can welcome you back close to this time!

Reviewed December 20, 2016 via mobile

The hotel describes itself as quirky. I'm not sure that is correct but it certainly isn't a run of the mill hotel. Very friendly staff working in a very old building which has a clever blend of historical and contemporary.

Superb and generally large individual rooms that are well appointed.

An excellent restaurant with slightly unusual menu choices. Great wine list.

All in all a great stay and experience. We will go back.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us. I will pass on your wonderful comments to the entire team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2017.

Reviewed December 20, 2016

We chose the hotel for its location and the fact that it is pet friendly. Often when travelling with pets you get an inferior room, but not on this occasion. Our room was very spacious. Really comfortable bed with good quality bedding. Generous amounts of tea and coffee, again good quality and the lemon curd biscuits were delicious! Dinner was slightly disappointing. I don't know if Sunday is the Chef's night off, but it was very ordinary. Breakfast was very good, with lots of cooked options, We'd definitely stay again,

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you and your doggy enjoyed the bedroom and all of the amenities provided.
I am disappointed, to hear that on this particular evening your meal fell short of expectations. However, I am delighted that you all enjoyed your breakfast. I will be sure to pass on all your feedback to our Kitchen Team.
I am thrilled to read that you will be returning. Kind Regards, Peter Brighouse

Reviewed December 16, 2016

A lovely old country town hotel. Very large comfortable room, huge comfortable bed. Interestingly quirky furnishings/decor. Friendly and helpful staff. Well situated on the outskirts of Stamford, within walking distance of the town centre, on the edge of the Burghley House estate.

Room Tip: Room 20 was large and light.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words which I will pass on to the entire team. We are very lucky to be so well situated in Stamford and I am pleased you took advantage of our proximity to Burghley Estate. Please do visit again soon.