“Fantastic meal - best I've eaten in Stamford”

Mama Liz's Soul Food Shack
Ranked #37 of 114 Restaurants in Stamford
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal - best I've eaten in Stamford”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Really impressed with Mama Liz's food - I've been here to drink and didn't realise there was a restaurant upstairs. If I'm honest I was slightly skeptical about eating here but I was very pleasantly surprised. Service was good, not the quickest but that was no issue, and the food was genuinely great. It was real food, using fresh ingredients, real spices, and good size portions. Living in Stamford I have been to most restaurants on offer and I can say this is the place I've eaten - what's more it's pretty healthy on the wallet too! I will be back!

• Visited February 2014

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and a cool place”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was another weekend where my son was windsurfing at nearby Rutland water so again we selected a place that must be cool and which has a great selection of vegetarian food and fish. Mama Lizs was very easy to find and with a large car park over the road this was a plus over some other Stamford restaurants we have eaten in. The restaurant was decked out superbly and this was matched by the superb service and food.We had a starter each and shared the nachos which were very tasty. I had the curry for my main and my son had the crawfish pie and salad. All the food was excellent . We would eat here again but with so many good restaurants to pick in Stmford we may choose another different one the next time we are down windsurfing. I would highly recommend Mama Lizs.

• Visited January 2014
Stamford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You Really Should Go”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Not many places like this around (none that I've seen), so a nice change of pace. Fun and friendly atmosphere, and the food and service were wonderful. No complaints at all. We'll be back for sure. My girlfriend hadn't been before tonight and she said she had now found her favorite restaurant in all of England. Casual and easy on the wallet as well.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jennifer W
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great for food and fun nights out.”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Usually end up here on a night out in Stamford.
Have eaten in the restaurant for a friends birthday and the food was great, the food was served promptly and everyone enjoyed their meal.
Have also been downstairs in the voodoo lounge several times for gigs and there is always a good atmosphere and a decent crowd.
The bar is also great for cocktails, the 'mama hurricane' is a must.
Most recently spent New Years Eve 2013 here and had a great night, free entry, a free glass of bubbly at midnight and lots of cocktails in between made for an awesome evening.
Would recommend a visit.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank HayleyGarner1982
Peterborough
“Fabulous food, gorgeous cocktails brilliant service:)”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Went for our girls Xmas night out and everything was amazing:) the food was fabulous, cocktails to die for, and service impeccable, cannot fault anything, can't wait to go back !! Thanks mama lizs :)

• Visited December 2013