“Good food, well priced”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I took my daughter & grandson for a meal, the staff were wonderful, extremely polite & helpful, the food was good quality & cooked perfectly, the price was also extremely reasonable. It was lovely & relaxed and we were all made to feel welcome. A very rare find, to say i was impressed with the whole package would be an understatement, 10 out of 10, i will be returning.

There are newer reviews for The Garden Kitchen

Reviewed April 8, 2013

3 of us went for Sunday dinner and we were not disappointed. The restaurant was very pleasant and nicely laid out and clean. The staff were very friendly, helpful & obliging. Our meals were delicious, we will be going again.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We only live a short walk away so are fairly frequent visitors for lunch and very frequent visitors to the attached butchers. The service can be slow, but I believe each meal is cooked to order and I like the relaxed atmosphere and being able to take a long, leisurely lunch. The food is wonderful and the staff mostly helpful and courteous. They cater for my dietary requirements and there's always a good selection of regular menu meals and specials. They also serve delicious raspberry and Sicilian lemonade. Highly recommended and excellent value for money.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The ambience was pleasant, as were serving staff. Lunch took ages to come, but at least it was piping hot. However, quality of food indifferent given the glowing recommendation the staff had made when I rang about another restaurant in the village. The sticky toffee pudding bore no resemblance to any I have had before and was miniscule for the price while swimming in a sickly mess of custard and sauce. However, when I drew the waitress's attention to something in the milk jug her response was not an apology, but she would tell the kitchen to be more careful. No attempt to take it away and replace. My guest commented on this response (she is a professional caterer) and I returned to speak to the manager. His response was casual and defensive. I had hoped this would be a place to visit regularly when meeting relatives half way. Sadly I don't think so and that is a shame.

3  Thank Diana D
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just popped in for Sunday lunch had an excellent meal and the service was fantastic. Will certainly be coming back.