“a special place to stay”
Review of Rowan House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stamford
Rowan House
Ranked #3 of 18 Stamford B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I'm just back from spending last night at Rowan House, where I was wonderfully looked after by Jilly & Michael and their dogs, Toby & Pepe. What made my trip very special was that my 8 month old golden labrador was warmly welcomed and fussed over by all, too! I had googled a dog-friendly B&B in the area, as I was coming for research and wanted to do some walking with my dog (actually my partner's dog, but she is away for a few weeks, so she is in my capable hands, but that's another story....) and was delighted to be guided to Rowan House. It is wonderfully situated in a really special and stunning part of the countryside, and I particularly recommend this B&B for anyone on the trail of the poet John Clare in the area.

Jilly & Michael share their lovely house, provide warmth and comfort with a twist of sophistication, and their 2 dogs complete the picture. Thank you from me & my mutt for your care and company - it was great to be spoiled. I'll be back, & I highly recommend their home to anyone wishing to experience the best that this area has to offer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Rowan House

Reviewed December 5, 2013

When we arrived at Rowan House we were immediately welcomed with open arms and it felt like we were visiting old friends. The accommodation was second to none and we were so impressed with the facilities available for our use. We opted out of breakfast and self catered instead in the lovely little kitchenette which worked well for us. Thanks Jilly and Michael for a first rate stay and we hope to join you again in the future.

Room Tip: The wing above the conservatory is superb.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We made a return trip to Stamford area and stayed again with Jilly and Michael. As ever they were excellent hosts who do all they can to make you feel at home. Jilly will ensure you have a cake available to go with your tea or coffee and a really lovely touch was the offer of a glass of wine or something when you return at night. The breakfast is sooooo good. There is just nothing that you will need that is not available. We were lucky enough to have the East wing to ourselves so had use of a kitchen and lounge ,overlooking the countryside, as well as bedroom and bathroom. Don't really know why I am posting this as we would like to keep it a secret for ourselves but Jilly and Michael deserve all of you to visit them and experience their hospitality first hand

Room Tip: Ensuite room is sumptuous but if you can get the East wing you will have so much extra room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Fab-u-lous
We have just returned from two wonderful nights stay with Jilly and Michael, it was perfect in every way. They could not have been more welcoming, home-made cake on arrival, invites for drinks in the evening but the best thing is their genuine desire to make your stay as perfect as they can. The rooms are delightful, spotlessly clean and they have thought to include everything you might need, including a torch to walk to the local pub. At breakfast time don't miss out on Michael's fresh fruit compot. it is delicious. We look forward to staying with them again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bernice B
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed with Jilly and Michael for one night - if only I could have stayed longer! This is a true home away from home and they think of everything. The room was remarkably comfortable and a good size, treats on the side, a good selection of bedtime reading on the shelf... I was greeted with tea and sandwiches and breakfast was simply superb. I've seldom been made to feel so welcome and felt as though I was staying with old friends!
Highly, highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our all to brief recent stopover at Rowan House proved to be one 'out of the box'. Our excellent, affable hosts ably assisted by their two friendly dogs instantly put us at ease with a free run of the house and garden. The room and ensuite were immaculate and well appointed. Our evening meal at the suggested nearby Millstone pub provided an interesting neighbourhood walk and one of the best pub meals we ate in the UK. Breakfast was a treat and our departure was capped off by Michael washing the road grime from our car windows. How good does it get?
Thank you Jilly and Michael for a wonderful highlight to our month in the UK.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed this week end with Jilly & Michael and what an amazing experience we had. This is the most amazing Bed and Breakfast I have ever stayed in. The warmth and care we were treated to even by the "dogs" made the start of our week-end away amazing. I had to go onto Bradford the next day for my brothers wedding and this was a half way stop over. Jilly helped sort out a local pub for an amazing meal and would recommend the pub as again was fab. Jilly and Michael have done everything they can to make you stay a home from home experience with FIRST CLASS service. Breakfast was yum !! To Jilly and Michael "thank you" With love Elaine & Pat xx

Room Tip: Any Room is fantastic
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
The Crown Hotel Stamford
#12 of 27 in Peterborough
Hambleton Hall
Hambleton Hall
#1 of 1 in Hambleton

Been to Rowan House? Share your experiences!