All reviewsflaming grilladjoining pubattached restaurantwhite horsetesco expresspub next doorpub grubdrayton manorfamily roombusy roadcooked breakfastno air conditioningmain roadgood nights sleepcar parkwould stay againwalk in shower
Reviewed August 6, 2018

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a family wedding. 5 family rooms for 2 nights. No air conditioning so rooms very hot. Had to ask for fan and informed running out of working fans but we got one which helped slightly. The worst thing was unable to have breakfast in the morning as we did not prebook. My 7 grandchildren were really disappointed. The reception staff were really good and pointed out a restaurant near by where we were able feed the kids. Hotel ok but restaurant not so.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Two separate reviews the hotel was a good premier inn all as promised except there was no air con and on the hottest day of the year so far that was not ideal. However to be fair they did try by putting a small fan in each room but it wasn't much help. The service was great though and I would recommend when cooler.
The bad side of this review was the food, this was honestly up there with the worst food attached to a premier inn. I was planning on ordering a burger until I saw the full leftover burger on a table it looked awful so I opted for mushroom pie which had been microwaved as the pastry was soggy. Whilst waiting two tables next to us had there meals refunded which was not a good impression. The breakfast the following morning continental wise was Ok but the cooked breakfast again was not great.
I would stay at the hotel again would not eat here again

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

My visit to the Premier Inn at Sutton Coldfield will be remembered for me and my experience. As I came to check in with my parents, the smile and great reception by Linsey at the front desk was a something we wanted to see after a long day. That experience was quickly over as when we got our keys to our rooms, one of the rooms had not been cleaned. It was in a bit of a state. Linsey went all the way for us to ensure that the room was clean and when we came back I had learned that she cleaned the room herself! We were comped breakfast too. Thank you Linsey! Its the team who worked at the frontlines which make a difference and she is one prime example!

The room was ok. It had everything. There was a lot of noise from above and around the room of creaking floorboards. You can hear every bang and thump from the next room above or next door. The bed was super comfy though. In all of that noise I managed to get some sleep.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Jesh1979
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Good hotel etc as you would expect from the premier group of hotels the only thing let’s this place down is no air conditioning which made sleeping difficult yes ther was a fan provided but it is not a substitute for air conditioning hence the lower rating come on premier up grade this hotel to the standard expected

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business