“Not what I expected”

Ranked #179 of 219 Restaurants in Sutton Coldfield
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

When I was told we were having sit in chippy meal I wasn't all that excited. But all I can say is this is more than just a chippy. The quality of the food stands out as it's cooked to order using high quality ingredients, the fish is amazing and the chips stunning. The service could not have been better, so attentive and really looked after us all.
I had the kebab combo, and the quality of the meat was great, and when cooked it was really moist and flavoursome, added to that I had an amazing selection of salad from the self serve salad bar which included home made humous.
Then when the bill arrived I could believe the price for the level of service and quality of food we had, a great night was had by all, and my parents loved it as it was the type of food they enjoy.
Would definitely go there again and recommend it to others"

1  Thank Dont_Panic11

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Girls from work took me here as know I do not like spicy food for my 60th birthday. Was the best place they could have picked. People who own this are wonderful, food was absolutly wonderful some people had spicy chicken, sea bass haddock everyone enjoyed their meal can't say that for a great many pubs with their quick 2for1 deals. This place really needs a food expert to go and review them. I do not think you can fault this place lovely helpful staff and food that excels itself. Thank you for a wonderful evening. Please do try they do home delivery to so on cold night couldn't be better.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

i dont ever use these sites but ive actually gone out my way to express my feelings, the food quality is absulutly top notch and the price very reasonable, i had a chicken shish kebab with rice for £5.50 and my sister had a haddock the size of my arm for £4.00, i have eaten in many kebab and fish shops in birmingham and i havent come accross a shop so clean. my grandmother is 87 and she has also said to me how the fish she eat from kyrenia was the best fish she has ever had in her life, i mentioned this to the manager and he said that wasnt anything unusual he said alot of the elderly in the area also say the same thing. seriosly bravo to these people. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

the food is OK at best, however extremely over priced! £8 for a kebab, pop next door to the Vesey and enjoy a meal and a pint instead......no better than a big johns and a lot more expensive, typical case of paying for the location.
Sadly the other chip shop on the corner of boldmere is even worse.....!

Avoid both of these places.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have visited here twice recently, once for the kebabs and once for fish & chips, so I shall assess it overall. Our first ever visit was to try their kebabs, and we were not disappointed. The 'small' chicken shish kebabs were actually very substantial, with a really authentic charcoal-grilled flavour of the Med. They were accompanied by very good chips and a side salad. In addition we helped ourselves to various items from the imaginative salad bar, including bulgar wheat salad, houmous, bean salad and coleslaw. Everything is freshly cooked to order, and the kebabs were delicious.

The owner had told us that all fish was cooked to order too, so a week later we returned to try the lunchtime special of small fish, chips, mushy peas, bread & butter and tea, all for £3.99. We were disappointed to discover that, on this particular day, the salad bar was not in use at all. However, the fish was freshly cooked and excellent, as were the chips once again. The only disappointment was that the mushy peas were tinned....please do proper ones! However, it was all very pleasant, and enough for a lunchtime.

So, overall Kyrenia is a very competent eatery with a mission to provide fresh and tasty food at a decent price. The surroundings are simple, clean and bright, and the staff take some pride in the food they are producing.