“Hasn't let me down in over 20 years!”
Review of Pizza by Goli

Pizza by Goli
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sutton Coldfield
“Hasn't let me down in over 20 years!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've been to Pizza by Goli many, many times over a long peroid of time. The food is always excellent & the service very friendly. They make their own pizza dough on-site & its delicious, so no matter which pizza you choose, its always built on solid foundations! I've also gone for a full bonanza three course meal here & recommend the scallops for starters. The meat dishes are lovely & the puddings are plentiful in choice & portion size - just as it should be when you've gone all out for a treat or special occasion. The wine list is excellent & the Italian waiter is very knowledgable, follow his recomendations and you won't be disapppointed. The atmosphere is always upbeat & I love the 'pasta tables'. Definately worth booking in the evenings but lunch time is quieter & I've never had a problem just turning up then.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Zymotic

UK
“Must have the calzone it is huge!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My partner and I ate here and the pizza is really good. Still not as good as the pizza from when I lived in Italy but very close!

The staff are friendly and helpful and the food is a very good standard.

My recommendation would be to have the calzone as it is huge and really nice tasting.

My only complaints would be that it is a little pricey to add some additional toppings I feel £1.50 for a few pieces of fresh chilli is too high! My other complaint would be that the restaurant has a policy of "A PIZZA SERVES ONE PERSON ONLY" (which is stated on the menu) which I think in this day an age of healthy eating and not over eating is a bit harsh as I would prefer to have one pizza between myself and my partner and some sides. Other that these two let downs my score would be 5 stars but because of these I have to give 4 stars.

Overall, great quality pizza worth travelling for.

• Visited November 2012
Coleshill, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We've been here many times and enjoyed every visit the staff are especially welcoming and the food always hits the mark.
The italian head waiter is great with our son and always makes an effort to say hello to him.
Worth booking though as the restaurant gets very busy everyday of the week.

UK
“Never Disappoints”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Have eaten at this restaurant many times since first discovering it 7 years ago and to date we have never had a bad meal. The food is excellent, fresh ingredients and you can see them preparing it as there is an open kitchen.

Service can be a bit slow at times but that is because no matter what night of the week you go, the restaurant is full. However, the staff are always very friendly, and the food so delicious it makes up for any weight.

I can't recommend this restaurant enough!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TravellinggirlUK
Midlands UK
“Good food - and will return before twenty years time!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The last time I had eaten here was twenty years ago! However someone recommended it to me recently and we decided to revisit.

The food was tasty and hot and service was good. The tables are interesting and we had a chat about our favourite pasta shape! Some of the starters were quite large but I ordered the avocado and mozzarella salad, and compared to what others were eating I felt disappointed as mine was a half avocado, eight small pieces of cheese and half a tomato. The plate was dressed nicely but it just felt small. Taste was good and after a seafood spaghetti (which was really good) I was too full for a pudding - so may have been for the best!
The seats are comfy too - no small hard chairs here!
All in all a great evening but my starter could have been bigger.

• Visited November 2012