“Delicious”
Review of Delhi 6

Delhi 6
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We produce a high caliber of exclusive and exquisite dishes from the South Eastern coast, North Indian and Bengali cuisine from India.
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Food was lovely and fresh and definitely not your conventional greasy curry. Can't wait to go back again it left us wanting more.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Love this place ! We first tried Delhi 6 with a coupon deal a few months ago and when a similar deal came around again we snapped it up. This time we dined on a Thursday evening and I have to say the place was packed out when we arrived. Not sure if they were all on 'deals' but the place certainly seems popular even though its tucked away in Streetly village.

The food was excellent again. My main course of Chicken Chetinand was really flavoursome but a bit too hot for my tastebuds. Seeing that I was struggling the waiter very helpfully suggested bringing some yoghurt to calm it down a little which did the trick.
My husband's Goan fish curry was apparently really good... so good that I wasn't allowed to try any!
The staff here are really attentive without being 'in your face' or hovering near the table and a really nice touch at end of the evening - they held the door open for us as we left. (can't remember the last time that happened)
Delhi 6 isn't the cheapest Indian restaurant in town but the food is really excellent and if you can catch a coupon deal you're onto a winner.

1  Thank Helen N
Reviewed August 17, 2013

In fact, exceptionally good I have to say. Visited on a Wowcher and it was WOW in my and my friends opinion. Was not sure how good it would be but how pleasantly surprised we were. The food was delicate and tasty, prepared with a gentle touch, none of the 'wam bam burn your tongue' which I appreciated as did my duodenal ulcer. Please understand, not a wishy washy flavour just a very good use of herbs and spices to magnify the flavour and quality of the food. We both had a 3 piece starter of chicken, followed by a fish and lamb mains. We both checked each others food and agreed 'delicious'. The house Merlot was good and followed with a drop of Pinotage, spot on. Service from the moment we walked in was excellent from super smart waiters, both on the ball and dressed immaculately. We will go again even without a voucher, we both rate this restaurant highly.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group on voucher for 4 people... I wondered initially if the service reflected that we were using a voucher.. Seemingly not, we waited over 40 mins for our starter & only 3 arrived, a complimentary starter came for the 4th person as the chef wasn't happy with the salmon starter that had been ordered so made another one fresh. By the the time the salmon arrived the 4th person are alone.
We arrived at 8.30 & were possibly the last customers however we had to enquire 3 times as to when our main would arrive.
When it eventually arrived we were very disappointed indeed.. 3 of us ordered the markahini chicken, it was bland tasteless & the sauce felt grainy!!
We raised our concerns with the manager & to be honest we will not be returning, it was a very very disappointing meal & if we did not have a voucher we would not have paid the 'overpriced' menu

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I booked a Sunday evening table for 7pm. It was our first visit, we were warmly greeted on arrival. We were immediately impressed to find the restaurant busy at such an early time, it soon filled to capacity which gave the evening a good atmosphere. The restaurant is not large but has a good choice of tables to suit different size parties. We were offered Pappadums with delicious relishes whilst we chose our meal. With advice from our attentive friendly waiter we chose starters of Salmon dil Tikka, an excellent decision & Murgh Malai Kabab, a perfect chicken starter, both very well presented and delicious. The waiter had suggested my wife follow her salmon with Chicken Shahi Korma, this proved a perfect match. The chicken was very tender with a well seasoned fragrant sauce and perfect presentation. My main course of lamb Kashmiri Rogan Josh, was so tender a knife was simply not needed! The sauce combination of cardamon, garlic and caramelised onions was perfect. We ordered a single serving of rice with a Peshawari naan between us, this was just enough. It is not the cheapest Indian restaurant in the Midlands but it offers excellent quality, with professionally cooked dishes that are perfectly presented. It is a great place to celebrate a family party, we shall be dining here again.