“party booking”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sutton Coldfield
“party booking”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is my regular Curry house. Consistently very good service and food. Have dined as part of large parties and just as a couple always reliable and friendly.Recently dined as a party of 10 for a birthday party. waiting staff nothing too much trouble, food very good - curry is a very personal taste and i like what they do here.Restaurant was able to accommodate a fussy non-curry eating 13year old - even if it did mean a quick trip to tesco next door for chicken nuggets!!! Nice contemporary decor. bill for 10 come in at under £100!! Can't get better value. Thank you Simla again for another lovely evening xx

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have just been here to celebrate our sons birthday. The food was excellent with lovely crispy poppadums and light buttery naan all of our curries were well cooked and very tasty..The service was very good without been to overbearing.

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SIMLA - NO.1INDIAN IN BOLDMERE”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have been going to this Indian restaurant since the day it opened but have never found the time to write a review for the benefit of other visitors. So I thought I should find the time after visiting last night with my wife.

The restaurant is immediately noticeable from its sleek and modern exterior along with its unique water bubble glass in the entrance way. This exterior immediately makes it stands out from the competition (which is vast in terms of curry houses in Boldmere - 7 of them at the last count) which just look like the usual curry house type frontage. Some don't have any frontage at all just a doorway and some stairs!!

The modern contemporary look continues inside with a 2 level seating area which must seat circa 50+ covers.

The staff are a relatively young group of guys but are always polite and efficient and most of all friendly. They are always willing to help with menu choices for the more indecisive guest.

The food is always tasty and portion sizes are ample. I can't talk about the sweets as I never had one but starters and mains are great and I don't think there isn't a starter or a main that I haven't tried over all the years I have been frequenting this spice gem! I have only ever had to send food back a couple of times for not being hot enough for my liking but to put this into perspective I have visited this restaurant I would say on average once every couple of weeks since the day it opened (sometimes even 3 times a week - I do like my curry!!!!!). So I think that demonstrates that the communication between kitchen and front of house is excellent.

They are able to cater for large groups of 20+ people and still manage to get the orders out hot and in a timely manner. We always have a large group of us there on Christmas Eve before we have our more traditional English fare the next day.

Simla in my opinion, in terms of food, ambience and style, is easily the best Indian in Boldmere and I have been to all of them. I'm not saying the others are bad as I think we are lucky to have some good Indians on the high street but this one is a notch above all the others!

If you haven't been here before then it is definitely worth a try!!

1 Thank Gangsta273
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went with a rather fussy vegetarian friend who was very impressed with the Paneer Tikka starter and hasn't stopped raving about it since. The food was excellent as always and the staff could not have been more helpful. Prices are reasonable especially on Mondays and Tuesdays when there is a special offer.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful anniversary meal”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I recently had dinner at Simla to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the whole experience couldn't be faulted. The staff are all very friendly and helpful - you're really made welcome. The atmosphere is great - the restaurant was very busy when we went & there's a real buzz. Even though it was busy, the service was just what you'd want, neither too hurried nor too slow. Best of all for me is that, as a veggie, some menus in curry places can be a bit restrictive & "same-y", with all the innovation being saved for the meat or fish-based dishes. However, I was told that any of the dishes could be made vegetarian and so I had paneer with the shatkora sauce. It was absolutely delicious. I really appreciated the efforts to accommodate me. We'll definitely go back - it's a super place.