“Great food and service”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Simla is one of many local Indian restaurants that we could choose from, yet we find ourselves coming back here again and again. We used to come as a couple, but now also bring our 6 year old twin boys who also enjoy the experience.

The waiters are always friendly and welcoming and there's an excellent choice of dishes available. A couple of my personal favourites are the garlic chili chicken and the chicken achari, which are super-spicy and tasty.

As it's a BYOB restaurant, there's no alcohol to bump up the cost of the meal and hence the prices in general make for an excellent value dining experience.

Recommended.

• Visited January 2013

birmingham
“Simla superb”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nice decor, great food, excellent staff and a good price what more could you want? Started with Paneer Tikka large cubes of cheese with a nice spicy tikka coating. A bit more adventurous for the main and had a Prawn and Mushroom Vindaloo never had one before but it was snowing outside so thought I needed warming up. It was a very pleasant surprise not much hotter than a Madras but with much more flavour. The heat still creeps up during the dish but it worked really well, always been wary of trying a Vindaloo elsewhere a bit worried they just take a bhuna and whack in a load of chilli to make it eye watering but this was lovely glad I tried it here.

• Visited January 2013
“Very enjoyable experience”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Read the reviews so decided to try it out with my two pals
We went upstairs and were the only ones there majority of the night but we didn't mind that. We did feel a little bit cold but the food was superb. We stuck into the banquet dish which was great value (although I did have to ask about it as there was no flyer I had luckily read about it before ) the food was very nice, perfect portions and superbly presented. Mango chutney was offered which I think is the first time without having to ask overall 9/10 very good with a friendly excellent service

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our whole family love this restaurant. Myself and my husband are regulars on a Saturday night and the team always make our visits seem special. The food is delecious and the waiters are friendly and helpful. They recently gave us a dish on the house because it was my husband's birthday and they delivered food to the house for his party. There are many places to eat a curry in Boldmere but Simla stands above all the rest.

• Visited February 2013
“Nice”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Nice food, staff looked busy, took a bit long for the food to come out portions are small. this place was more style over substance I'm afraid. Would I eat here again .......... yes if Regards couldnt seat me.

Visited November 2012