“Travelodge has upped its game!”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Travelodge has upped its game!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have tended to go to Premier Inn over the last few years as we felt they had left Travelodge way behind them. However after this stay I would say 'watch out Premier Inn!' Our room was newly refurbished and very comfortable. The extra bed was already made when we arrived which is much nicer than having to do it yourself. The hotel is well situated for restaurants with lots of curry houses within walking distance as well as a Harvester and a Wetherspoons within a minute or two. We paid about half the price that Premier Inn was asking so we felt very satisfied!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night in July 2013. The hotel room itself was okay - nothing special at all (we didn't expect that), but fairly clean and enough space for the four of us (two adults and two young children).
The problem was the noise in the hotel. Firstly, we could hear the people walking in the room above us - that seemed to be just because the ceiling was so thin. That was nothing however compared to the noise we got from a fire door just outside our room. Every time somebody went through that door, it crashed against the wall of our room. I distinctly remember lying in bed at 0200, thinking "when will this ever stop....".
Well it eventually stopped about 0300, but it was a miserable night. I told the reception staff in the morning, who gave me the old "we haven't had that complaint before" excuse - which I don't believe at all. I would not stay here again, there have to be better options in Sutton Coldfield. (And I am not a "tough" reviewer - just look at my other reviews).

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear DanSteely, we want our customers to get a good night’s sleep when they stay with us so we are really sorry to learn about the disruption you experienced. We would like to take this opportunity to investigate the concerns that you have raised, please use the contact us button on our website to provide us with more information which will allow us to offer a resolution.
Sheffield
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I recently stayed at this Travelodge which has recently been " refreshed ". The beds are very comfortable and the whole place improved dramatically. Good Wetherspoons for breakfast nearby. Had evening meal at the Harvester, could be better. Parking free. The staff, at both check in and check out were very helpful and friendly. I will definitely stay here again when in the area. This Lodge shows how all Travelodges could be run. Well done to all the Staff. My only gripe is that Travelodge still charge for w--fi. Come on Travelodge this is 2013.

2 Thank johnthebattery46
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel has recenly been refurbished and was similar in quality to a Premier Inn (but at half the price).
The bedroom was very spacious and clean.
This is a good location with shops and plenty of restaurants nearby.

2 Thank Paul W
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have avoided travelodge in the past as they can be quite dated and uncomfortable beds. I have had to stay in a couple of there re furbished ones lately and the improvement and standard has dramatically improved in these, but can still vary from location to location. The one I recently stayed in was of a very high standard for the price and the bed was new, comfortable with new and comfortable pillows. I would recommend this location. I hope they can start to achieve this standard in all there hotels

1 Thank Sheila H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed three nights at this hotel, spotless clean,very friendly staff, great bus service to town, nice quiet hotel. great value for money very good restaurants next door, enjoyed our stay. Will be back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Having stayed in Travelodges up to 10 times a year without any problems I have had a nightmare experience - someone inside the travelodge tried to gain access to my room in the early hours of the night and kept knowing and trying to gain entry to my room until almost 5am. I was unable to go back to sleep because of concerns of safety for my children in the room and rate the stay at the SUTTON COLDFIELD TRAVELODGE worse than any of the places I have stayed in the outskirts of Bangladesh, S. India and Pakistan.............. dreadful

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank CHRW1233
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We’re really concerned to learn of the issue you have raised CHRW1233. Your security and safety is of upmost importance to us, we strive to provide as safe an environment as is reasonably practicable. Please can you give us some more detail of your stay so we can address your concerns. To help us contact you please can you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to give us more detail and be sure to click on the ‘link from TripAdvisor’ option when submitting your details.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfie...
#9 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#10 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Travelodge Birmingham Perry Barr

Been to Travelodge Birmingham Sutton Coldfield? Share your experiences!