“white horse curdworth”

The White Horse in Curdworth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The White Horse in Curdworth is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“white horse curdworth”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had the most distressing lunch today 21/01/2014 today with my mother aged 74 and myself 48 being disabled. We ordered food not that cheap our order was over £24.00 just for lunch and were told you are allowed to sit in the bar area, The cheap and nasty bar man, I hope that he was not the Duty Manager, I will allow you to be served just this once. I said we came here three weeks ago and were served where we where sitting no problem. He said I will serve you, just this once, there would not be a problem if we moved two foot away around the corner, or up several stairs in a higher seating area. I said I am disabled I can not go up stairs, he said you came in the wrong entrance, thats on flat ground. To go the the bar and order area I would have had to go down a flight of stairs and up again to get back to my table. I would like to know the name of this front of house staff member, to say, you have lost so much custom as I will tell everyone thinking of using this Vintage Inn, go when you are not front of house........

• Visited January 2014

West Midlands
“Popeye Paradise............”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Vintage Inns are another off-shoot of the Mitchell & Butlers Empire and like all their outlets there are few surprises but what they do they do competently.

The decor is pleasantly standard Vintage Inns. The service was fairly brisk and the staff ticked all the boxes but clearly had little time for too many pleasantries. No complaints from us though.

The food at the White Horse it is fairly standard pub food. My wife and I were there for lunch. I had Cod, chips and mushy peas and my wife the Chicken, Ham and Leek pie and we shared a bottle of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. All good without being outstanding.

And the Popeye Paradise. "Well it tis wat it twas!

• Visited January 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Baa humbug”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My work collegues and I visited the whitehorse December 23rd, we were put right at the back of the pub out of the way, with a bit of tinsel as the Christmas decorations, crackers that did not bang and as much christmas atmosphere as a graveyard! We had pre -ordered our meals to ensure that everything went smoothly and were told that there were several things that they didnt have including the burger baps! What!!!!! The service was very slow which mean't that someone had to go to the bar to ask where our meals were, and lo and behold they arrived in minutes luke warm. We had a discussion around the table and all voted we do not go back there again next Christmas. May I make a suggestion as someone who eats out regularly and appreciates good food and good service that you look very carefully at both and make some changes. I do get the impression from one of our group that the evening meals and service is better, however, that is not good enough!

Atherstone, United Kingdom
“Great start to the New Year!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Decided to do something different for New Years Eve this year and managed to book a set menu with entertainment evening at the White Horse, very good decision! The welcome was very warm and friendly and the 'pub' festively decorated. The choice from the set menu was excellent and the food was to die for!! beautiful fillet steak cooked to perfection! The atmosphere was lovely with a mixture of ages and this was dealt with expertly by the DJ. Unfortunately we didn't arrange the evening very well, with me driving and being unable to have a drink, so we didn't stay to see the new year in, which we have already decided we will do next year with a taxi ordered!! Thanks to Aimee our waitress who made our evening special!

1 Thank moggymoo535
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Whole Family post Christmas meal out”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Went with parents and family with children aged 2-17. The good was really good with one caveat which was trying too hard with young children's food which was a bit rich and with excessively salty chips. I had the festive 3 course deal and it was delicious and not bad value at £20. The big complaint was the appalling time it took between courses. The starters came fairly quickly but then long waits for mains and then for puddings so that in time it took getting on for 3 hours to eat and this was when it wasn't particularly busy. So high scores for food, staff were really friendly but have to mark down for service because of time took. That meant young children became tetchy.