“Great Indian Restaurant”
Review of Indian Chef

Indian Chef
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Chef, in the heart of Walmley Village, brings friends and family together for the shared enjoyment of a delicious meal. We invite you to relax and to enjoy the distinctive flavours of the East. Our chefs have specialized in preparing Indian & Bangladeshi food for many years. Equally as important is the service our customers can expect when dining with us, together with the general ambience of the restaurant. We want to create a pleasant informal atmosphere whilst retaining the highest standards of service.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Fantastic Indian Restaurant, Walmley has been waiting for this type of venue for ages, and we have been going since it opened up 18 months ago.The food is Very Good, and they are always happy to listen to what you like and to recommend certain dishes, Alli (the proprietor) is always trying out different types of new dishes and the staff are always friendly,pleasant and attentive. Very Good value for money especially when you can a source you own alcohol. Highly Recommended.

1  Thank Andrew D

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just moved into the walmley area we found this Resturant & the food is fantastic although services can be a little slow at times, but the food by far makes up for this 5* it is bring your own alcohol though which I don't find a problem as u get to drink ur own choice of wine/beer!

1  Thank Phil T
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Unlicensed so you can take your own drink always a bonus, meals are gorgeous and very flavorsome, would recommend

1  Thank bridaldream
Reviewed August 29, 2012

8 of us visited on Saturday evening. The atmosphere is cosy and warm with ceiling mood lighting which changes colour. Staff are courteous and obliging. Most of us had starters and a main, with poppadums and pickles to start - the bill came to £88 which I thought was very good value. The dish I had (I think it was a selection of kebabs) contained lots of good quality meat and was delicious. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meals too. The only criticism any of us had was that the poppadums seemed slightly on the stale side but this would not detract from my opinion of this new restaurant.

As mentioned by others the restaurant is not licensed so you can take your own drinks :)

This is a very welcome addition to Walmley village and hopefully we might see another restaurant open up - either an Italian or Chinese/Thai would be good. There is definitely room for it and hopefully one day the Fox will be taken over by another chain and offer an establishment more in keeping with the area than the scruffy Fox.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Indian Chef has filled a much needed role as an Indian Restaurant in an area previously only served by Take-aways. You cannot have a table on a Saturday night without pre-booking. The food is absolutely top drawer. I am 63 and have been eating Indian food since I was 11 - quite a long period of time!! Service was sublime. The owner, Mohammed Ali (quite a famous name but not the the one we all associate with Boxing!!) is a superb host. The menu is quite traditionally Indian with no major surprises, but it is seriously well cooked and perfectly presented. I had the Lamb Madras which was at the top end of my heat tolerance - but superb. My wife had a very mild Chicken dish which she consumed with relish - which helped preserve matrimonial harmony as I always get blamed if a curry is too hot. Work that one out!! The papadoms were good with lovely pickles/sauces and I always have a Chappati with my main (rather than filling rice) which again was perfect. My only thought is that Indian Chef should be twice the size - it would still be full with such quality and well priced food.

1  Thank Raratrain