“Excellent in all respects - better than I hoped as good as I dreamed”
Review of Moxhull Hall

Moxhull Hall
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Herefordshire
“Excellent in all respects - better than I hoped as good as I dreamed”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Before my daughter's wedding I met Tony. We talked about the arrangements and everything that I was worried about had been thought about and arranged already!

The hotel is stylish with decor that blends the modern interior with the beautiful building itself. The grounds are well-maintained and provide areas to sit, walk and explore. The bedrooms are spacious, clean and with lovely shower/bath rooms. Again, the furnishings are stylish and, for a hotel, the beds are very comfortable!

Having said that, I found it hard to sleep - why? Because I lay awake reliving all the wonderful moments of the day that had just passed. Everything was as we would want it to be. The organisation was superb, everyone was well looked-after and the timings worked like clockwork. The food and drink were fantastic - everyone loved their meal which was cooked to perfection and served politely and with attention to detail. The surroundings are great - you forget you are in a marquee and the different seating areas make it certain that everyone can be comfortable.

What more should I say - could I find any fault - no, not at all. If I was asked would I recommend this hotel then I would say yes unreservedly. I mentioned that I spoke to Tony at the start and I told him that I had heard good things of Moxhull Hall and that I had high expectations. Well, not only did he, the staff, and the venue live up to my expectations - they exceeded them!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Treetime4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Birmingham
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I don’t normally write reviews but felt that this venue deserved all the praise I could give and what better way than to tell the world! So here goes….

Our wedding took place at Moxhull Hall in August 2009 and I have to say that choosing this venue was the best decision we could have made. Even at the start of initial enquiries it was obvious that nothing was too much trouble for the staff at Moxhull Hall.

As our wedding got closer we were introduced to Tony and were told he would coordinate the day. As soon as we met him, we knew that we didn’t have to worry about a thing, these people are experts and this was evident from very early on. I am a total control freak but felt that I could relax and know that they had everything covered. This was proven as we attended meetings and Tony went through everything; he answered all my questions without me even asking!

So the day finally arrived and as soon as I got to Moxhull I was greeted by a lovely lady called Ashley, she was brilliant showing me my flowers explaining about the ceremony etc she even carried my case to my room. She brought drinks up to me and I instantly relaxed. As the day progressed I got more and more impressed by the attention to detail of all the staff, it was little things like before I walked into the ceremony Tony offered me a glass of water – again it was like he read my mind!

Tony organised and coordinated the day like clockwork. We went out to the grounds to have our pictures done and everyone was so impressed with how lovely the grounds were, there were endless photo opportunities. Once the photos were complete we were taken in to do the mock cake cutting and the room for the wedding breakfast looked amazing, everything was just perfect. We were then served the meal and well that was truly exceptional, not only was the food delicious, (Thank You Head Chef) the presentation was amazing and the service was outstanding.

It was great to hear my guests talking about how perfect our day was and a lot of this was down to Moxhull, as the evening approached and we moved into the marquee, again it was the little things like one minute we did the cake cutting the next it was been served up, the efficiency of the staff was refreshing.

So anybody who is looking for a perfect/stress free day look at Moxhull Hall. You get treated like royalty no matter how big/small your wedding is and Tony is a real gem.

I just cant wait to go back and celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank brummiegirl_9
Scotland
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Small but beautiful country house style hotel close to the Belfry and M6 Toll. I guess you'd say boutique and the public rooms certainly fit that bill. Rooms are a bit less trendy but spacious, clean and mine had a brilliant massage chair! Staff were very attentive and called me before arrival to advise that they had a function in a marqee going on that evening. A complimentary bottle of wine was in my room on arrival but I heard no noise from the gardens at all. Dinner was served in either the dining room or bar - food was very good and not too expensive imo. Breakfast was served in a friendly and freshly cooked manner. I'd visit again especially at £80 B&B via web. Enjoy.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Lichfield
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We got married on the 5th June, and Moxhull Hall delivered everything it promised and more. We had a truly amazing day and it was all down to the management and staff at the hotel.

Moxhull Hall helped make this the best day of our lives. The grounds were perfect, the food amzing and the evening out of this world. Thank you so much to Andreas, Tony and the staff.

All of our guests had a fantastic day and many commented that it was the best wedding they had been to!!!!

We will definatley be back next year!

Jenny & Dean

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Secret123
UK
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We recently had our wedding at Moxhull Hall. It is an amzing venue. The staff there are truely wonderful. The food was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.
Thankyou to everyone at Moxhull who catered to our every need on the day and a big thankyou to Tony -the hotel manager. He is such a nice guy and couldn't do enough for us.
The rooms are lovely and the grounds are also gorgeous. If you are looking for an intimate, elegant wedding venue this place is the best!
There are no negatives. I really can't fault the place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fi2fox
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2009

We chose Moxhull for our wedding last year and we can safely say it was the right choice!!!
Andreas and his staff were excellent throughout the run up to the wedding and on the day itself - everything went perfectly !!!
The Venue is beautiful, lots of photo opportunities and is exclusively yours during the day, which was appealing to us when booking.
The food was fantastic, could not fault it at all - delicious!
I can't fault nothing about Moxhull - and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a perfect wedding venue with a first class service.
We are going back for our 1st Anniversary - can't wait !!!!

• Stayed May 2008
West Midlands
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We got married here on Sunday 8th March 2009.... Amazing, I want to do it all over again.. The location of Moxhull hall is stunning, it is within easy reach of the Motor way and from Sutton Coldfield, it is surrounded by fields and has some glorious views from the gardens.

Andreas the owner of Moxhull hall has recently renovated parts of the hotel, I didnt think there was anything wrong with it in the first place but have to admit it is pretty stunning when you walk in, the decoration and furnishings are of a very high standard and suit the hotel. Andreas and Tony the hotel Manager clearly have a very good eye!!

On the day of our wedding, everything ran smoothly, we were given rooms quite early on in order for guests and the wedding party to get ready at their leisure. Tony completely takes away any of the stresses the bride or bridegroom may have, he ensures everything is timed well everyone and everything is in place, On our previous meetings with Tony it was evident he is passionatte about his job, extremely thorough and more importantly a great person. However it wasn't till on the day I became aware of his attention to detail, this too was echoed by several of our guests.. Tony you are amazing!!

The wedding was perfect from the ceremony to the wedding breakfast to the reception, Both my husband and I will have very very fond memories of our day to last a life time. As too will our family and guests, we keep hearing the same thing... " it was perfect " ,
" i wouldnt have changed anything " " what a fantastic place ".

The bridal suite is also something special. With a nice roll top bath... Impressive.

The finishing touch was the wedding gift from Moxhull Hall, it was a lovely thought, one which was not expected.

My husband and I would highly recommend this hotel to any future couples looking at getting married, it was perfect and did not want the day to end, we will be going back to Moxhull hall to dine in the restuarant, the food if I havent mentioned was excellent. Cooked to perection... To the Head Chef... Thank you

We would both like to take this opportunity to thank all Andreas and his staff, firstly and in particular to Tony, and also to Maria and Stephanie who I spoke to on numerous occasions in the week leading up to the wedding. Andreas, Tony is a credit to your hotel.
I would also like to thank Joanne Colgan who supplied the chair covers and swags, the settings of the marquee was too perfect. You can get her number off reception at Moxhull hall... And also thank you to our photographer David Wadley, he has photographed alot of weddings at Moxhull so knows all the best spots inside and outdoors. He too shows attention to detail, and his work can also be seen at the hotel.

If anyone would like to ask us about our wedding please do not hesitate to write to us at my husbands e mail address of mark.nevitt@hotmail.com

To all the staff at Moxhull... Thank you

Lesley and Mark Nevitt

• Stayed March 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
New Hall Hotel & Spa
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
#8 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
The Belfry
The Belfry
#1 of 1 in Wishaw

Been to Moxhull Hall? Share your experiences!