“Fantastic night”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Derby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic night”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I attended a annual dinner dance fantastic friendly helpful staff from the girls at check in to breakfast the next morning and the banqueting team that looked after us at night nothing was to much trouble , good old fashioned customer service the gm should be proud of such a good team

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit to Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield to attend a dinner dance and we very much appreciate your 5 star rating! In particular, I value your kind observation of the professionalism and friendliness of my team and we will continue to go the extra mile to ensure we always give excellent customer service.

Be sure to follow us on our facebook page to find out about our events, news and offers and we look forward to being of service to you again in future.

Kind regards

Fiona Lockyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
birmingham
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Attended a black tie function here to support the local cricket team. After having our photo taken via a red carpet entrance we enjoyed a generous drinks reception. When dinner was announced Psy came blaring over the PA and curtains to the dining area were pulled back to reveal the waiting staff dancing to Gangham Style!! Worth writing the review for this, sounds tacky but was really worked and something people would talk about. Service was great througout the night, food was pretty basic but we were paying a lot less per head than the competing hotels in the area. Drinks were also reasonably priced and the spacious room looked great. Would be a good place to consider for a value dinner dance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your recent positive visit to the Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and for giving us such a glowing report. We were delighted to hear that you had such a great time at your Black Tie evening as our aim is to create a fantastic party atmosphere, with plenty of entertainment, great food and a night to remember and it is gratifying to learn that we have achieved this. Our welcome dance is a bit of fun, gets my team engaged with the guests and to get the party started so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you also for your kind observations regarding the professionalism and service provided by my team and we believe this is at the heart of everything we do and will continue to ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Northern Ireland
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We booked as a family for a family function. I have to say the rooms were bog standard but it was clean and was really somewhere to get our heads down. The swimming pool area was great for the kidsThe staff were very pleasant and helpful. We had the actual birthday party at the hotel and I have to say that the food was lovely and once again the staff were very helpful in the restaurant and everything ran smoothly considering there were 35 of us. Only prob was it was the same night as their staff do so unfortunatley the bar closed a little sooner than we would of liked. But a big thankyou to all the staff especially the girls that sorted the meal out and set the table making it very pretty.

Room Tip: I had an executive suite, really didnt see much difference in this and the double rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your views about your recent stay at the Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and we were delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience. In particular, the team values your kind observation of their professionalism and friendliness, and we will continue to ensure that all our guests receive a warm welcome.

I hope the birthday girl also enjoyed her party and we were very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the food and your children had fun in our pool area.

I note your comments regarding the bar and appreciate your understanding in respect of our works party, when once a year our team get the opportunity to let their hair down, but meant that the bar closed slightly earlier than usual.

Be sure to follow us on our Facebook page to keep abreast of news and offers and we look forward to be of service to you again in the future.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel booked in and got our room key , after a long walk two lifts and climbing stairs we got to our room , well it looked like a hostel carpet was stuck down with duck tape , bathroom filthy and radiator had old coffee stains , we went back to reception who let us have a look at another room which was the same so we upgraded for an extra 40 pound which was much better .
Evening meal was very funny we got seated by a young girl ordered our drinks , we decided to order an expensive bottle of white wine , it got dumped on our table while someone else was taking a food order we had to ask for a cooler which then there was a big row behind us as the other girl told the lady to get it herself , then we opened our own wine to try it , food was excellent , we ordered a different bottle of wine it again got dumped on our table we had to ask for fresh glasses, then I got angry as we was spending a lot on wine and working in a hotel myself it was unacceptable so a man took our starters off the bill and said he would have a word , next night we went out to eat, breakfast was great

• Stayed January 2013
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to record your thoughts on your recent experience at Ramada Sutton Coldfield.

I note your comments regarding the hotel layout and whilst the hotel over the years has indeed developed with extensions in a low rise style, I hope you understand that given our residential location, building up was not an option. Most rooms benefit from views over the lake or gardens, and are generally quiet with no passing traffic or external noise to disturb.

I appreciate you advising of your concern regarding cleanliness in one of the rooms and apologise for the shortcoming identified. My housekeeping team is committed to ensuring all rooms and public areas are clean and well maintained and we are endeavouring to establish to which room you are referring so that we can re-check it to ensure it meets our usual high standard. I am however, gratified to note that our Executive room met with your expectations.

I am delighted to hear that you rated our evening menu and breakfast highly but also sorry to learn that some areas of our service in the restaurant did not meet our usual high standards. As you mention, my Operations Manager immediately apologised and discounted your bill as compensation. Please also be assured that your feedback has been passed on to my team and retraining has taken place with a view to ensuring that we offer the best service to all guests in future.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your thoughts and I hope I am able to reassure you that your experience has been carefully reviewed and steps taken to address any shortcomings.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I often book bargain hotel breaks for 1 or 2 nights. Some including spa treatments or dinner ofers and have always felt a got a bargain. - not this time.
I booked a one night stay on B and B basis with 2 spa passes and afternoon tea for £49. I was offered an upgrade for £20 to an executive room which i was told was a larger room, larger bed, on demand movies and free soft drinks and biscuits in the room.

Our Room described as an executive studio was very small, we walked a long way inside the hotel down a bland corridor which actually gave the impression of being unfinished it was also very cold in comparrison to the other inside areas of the hotel. The Room 5107 was small, the bed was a double - so would hate to think what 2 people get in a standard room as this was meant to be a bigger bed !!! furnishings were nice, bathroom very nice. The soft drinks was 2 bottles of water at room temperature, the snacks 1 pk of 2 bisc. The on - demand movies did not work, i rang reception and she 're-set' it told us give it 5 mins at didnt work, she then said she would send someone to look but they could probably not fix it till morning so would we like to change rooms. We re-packed our belongings and went out instructing them to move our things for us. The second room was the same but the movies did work. We had already opted not to eat evening meal at the hotel as menu is overpriced and uninspiring but I new that before i booked. We had a fabulous meal at a great price in TGI Friday's.

Bar service was very slow, the lager very bad !!

Bed was comfortable, breakfast next day was very nice, no complaints but nothing amazing either.

We went to the spa, Sauna and Steam room were lovely, pool was clean, well laid out, but air and water temperature were cold, even the jacuzzi was barely warm, this spoils the experience.
Afternoon tea was very well presented the lounge it was served in was very nice, tiny critisism was the scone was poor quality and let it down slightly.

However what we were served was in fact a mini afternoon tea which was only £10 anyway. The Room upgrade for £20 was standard ugrade fee, and the on demand movies complete package could be purchased for £20 by anyone. The room rate for a standard room midweek was £59 so as you see I didn't make a great saving, we did just get what we paid for.

Room Tip: Don't bother to ugrade unless you go for a suite, but beware even these are along the cold corri...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent experience at Ramada Sutton Coldfield and I am pleased to hear that on both visits my reception team were able to resolve the booking issue promptly and efficiently.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding our rooms. We do have a mix of rooms throughout the hotel and whilst I concur that some areas of hotel would benefit from investment we are committed to ensuring all areas are clean and well maintained and following your feedback I have asked my housekeeping team to endeavour to identify which room you are referencing, recheck the bathroom to ensure the bathroom it meets our usual high standard.

I can also confirm that we do have a strict 'no smoking' policy throughout the hotel where smoking is only permitted in designated areas and any guest found to be smoking in a room incurs a financial penalty.

Apart from the issues identified, I am gratified to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you overall stay was positive and we look forward to being of service to you again in future.

Kind regards

Cambridge
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have stayed on two occasions in the last couple of months - once in a standard room and once in an executive room. On both occasions we were allocated a room that we had not booked and had to return to reception to change our room allocation - on the first occasion we were given a twin instead of a double and on the second a standard instead of an executive room. Reception were however helpful, friendly and keen to resolve the problem. The standard room was very dated and definitely in need of some TLC - the room was not cleaned to an acceptable standard, there was visible mould in places, the bathroom was literally falling apart and the shower fittings were rusty with a dangerous rusty nail sticking out of one tile at leg height where a soap tray must have previously been. The executive room was of a better standard with a good quality Japanese shower although our stay on this occasion was spoiled by smoke from people blatantly ignoring the no-smoking policy in the room next door (I hope that these visitiors were fined!). The dining room was very busy in the morning but the buffet seemed adequately stocked and the breakfast was of a good quality. The hotel has a large amount of free parking and is ideally located for Sutton Coldfield.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an insight into your recent stay at Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield. In particular the reception team values your kind observation of their helpfulness and friendliness in resolving the initial issues with your room allocation and I have passed your comments on to them to stress the importance of accuracy to ensure the best possible service to our guests in future.

I appreciate you advising of your concern regarding cleanliness in one of our rooms and apologise for the shortcoming identified. My housekeeping team is committed to ensuring all rooms and public areas are clean and well maintained and we are endeavouring to establish to which room you are referring so that we can re-check it to ensure it meets our usual high standard.

I am gratified to hear that our Executive room met your expectations, but disappointed to learn that you could smell cigarette smoke from the next room. I can confirm that we do have a strict 'no smoking' policy throughout the hotel where smoking is only permitted in designated areas and any guest found to be smoking in a room incurs a financial penalty

Apart from the issues identified, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and I hope the rest of your stay was positive. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

We hope to be of service to you again in future.

london
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Arrived at the hotel after new years for spa break. Stayed in an executive suite which was pleasantly designed , quite roomy and clean .Was surprised there was no bath and a bit disappointed that we had a japanese shower - however once i worked out how to use it, it was pretty worthwhile as it was an enjoyable fun experience.
The beauty treatment was great as i had a massage and manicure, however the leisure building overall is a tad tired looking and needs a true makeover.
Food was great, especially the bar food.
Staff were always helpful and friendly, would recommend the hotel to others

Room Tip: Make sure your in a room not near a stairs , exit or lift as the passing traffic in the corridor wil...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an insight into your recent experience at Ramada Sutton Coldfield, and we are most appreciative of your constructive and positive report. In particular my team values your kind observation of their helpfulness and friendliness - we know how important this is to the overall guest experience and we will continue to ensure everyone receives a very warm welcome.

We were delighted that you were more than happy with your executive room, you enjoyed the food and were able to make good use of our leisure and beauty facilities.

I note your comments regarding the leisure building and whilst I concur that some aspects of the property would benefit from investment, we are a 3 star hotel committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained, and our team is friendly and welcoming. However what we have as shortcomings, we hope is made up for through efficient service, pleasant grounds, free car parking, extensive leisure club facilities and an easily accessible location.

Thank you again for your recommendation and be sure to follow us on our Facebook page to keep abreast of news, events and offers and we look forward to being of future service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Brook Marston Farm Hotel
#8 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Travelodge Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Travelodge Birmingham Sutton Col...
#5 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston

Been to Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield? Share your experiences!