Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Brook Marston Farm Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
$84
$81
Hotels.com
New Hall Hotel & Spa(Sutton Coldfield)
$172
Royal Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
$93
$77
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Birmingham Streetly(Sutton Coldfield)(Great Value!)
$57
Travelodge
Clover Spa & Hotel(Birmingham)
$128
Butler's Arms(Sutton Coldfield)
Moxhull Hall(Sutton Coldfield)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,650 results
All reviewsoverlooking the lakeleisure facilitiesafternoon teagroupon dealsauna and steam roomhealth clubbuffet stylefull englishbirminghameventvenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I often book bargain hotel breaks for 1 or 2 nights. Some including spa treatments or dinner ofers and have always felt a got a bargain. - not this time.
I booked a one night stay on B and B basis with 2 spa passes and afternoon tea for £49. I was offered an upgrade for £20 to an executive room which i was told was a larger room, larger bed, on demand movies and free soft drinks and biscuits in the room.

Our Room described as an executive studio was very small, we walked a long way inside the hotel down a bland corridor which actually gave the impression of being unfinished it was also very cold in comparrison to the other inside areas of the hotel. The Room 5107 was small, the bed was a double - so would hate to think what 2 people get in a standard room as this was meant to be a bigger bed !!! furnishings were nice, bathroom very nice. The soft drinks was 2 bottles of water at room temperature, the snacks 1 pk of 2 bisc. The on - demand movies did not work, i rang reception and she 're-set' it told us give it 5 mins at didnt work, she then said she would send someone to look but they could probably not fix it till morning so would we like to change rooms. We re-packed our belongings and went out instructing them to move our things for us. The second room was the same but the movies did work. We had already opted not to eat evening meal at the hotel as menu is overpriced and uninspiring but I new that before i booked. We had a fabulous meal at a great price in TGI Friday's.

Bar service was very slow, the lager very bad !!

Bed was comfortable, breakfast next day was very nice, no complaints but nothing amazing either.

We went to the spa, Sauna and Steam room were lovely, pool was clean, well laid out, but air and water temperature were cold, even the jacuzzi was barely warm, this spoils the experience.
Afternoon tea was very well presented the lounge it was served in was very nice, tiny critisism was the scone was poor quality and let it down slightly.

However what we were served was in fact a mini afternoon tea which was only £10 anyway. The Room upgrade for £20 was standard ugrade fee, and the on demand movies complete package could be purchased for £20 by anyone. The room rate for a standard room midweek was £59 so as you see I didn't make a great saving, we did just get what we paid for.

Room Tip: Don't bother to ugrade unless you go for a suite, but beware even these are along the cold corridor. We did have a lovely lake view from that end of the hotel though.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent experience at Ramada Sutton Coldfield and I am pleased to hear that on both visits my reception team were able to resolve the booking issue promptly and efficiently.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding our rooms. We do have a mix of rooms throughout the hotel and whilst I concur that some areas of hotel would benefit from investment we are committed to ensuring all areas are clean and well maintained and following your feedback I have asked my housekeeping team to endeavour to identify which room you are referencing, recheck the bathroom to ensure the bathroom it meets our usual high standard.

I can also confirm that we do have a strict 'no smoking' policy throughout the hotel where smoking is only permitted in designated areas and any guest found to be smoking in a room incurs a financial penalty.

Apart from the issues identified, I am gratified to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you overall stay was positive and we look forward to being of service to you again in future.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have stayed on two occasions in the last couple of months - once in a standard room and once in an executive room. On both occasions we were allocated a room that we had not booked and had to return to reception to change our room allocation - on the first occasion we were given a twin instead of a double and on the second a standard instead of an executive room. Reception were however helpful, friendly and keen to resolve the problem. The standard room was very dated and definitely in need of some TLC - the room was not cleaned to an acceptable standard, there was visible mould in places, the bathroom was literally falling apart and the shower fittings were rusty with a dangerous rusty nail sticking out of one tile at leg height where a soap tray must have previously been. The executive room was of a better standard with a good quality Japanese shower although our stay on this occasion was spoiled by smoke from people blatantly ignoring the no-smoking policy in the room next door (I hope that these visitiors were fined!). The dining room was very busy in the morning but the buffet seemed adequately stocked and the breakfast was of a good quality. The hotel has a large amount of free parking and is ideally located for Sutton Coldfield.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an insight into your recent stay at Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield. In particular the reception team values your kind observation of their helpfulness and friendliness in resolving the initial issues with your room allocation and I have passed your comments on to them to stress the importance of accuracy to ensure the best possible service to our guests in future.

I appreciate you advising of your concern regarding cleanliness in one of our rooms and apologise for the shortcoming identified. My housekeeping team is committed to ensuring all rooms and public areas are clean and well maintained and we are endeavouring to establish to which room you are referring so that we can re-check it to ensure it meets our usual high standard.

I am gratified to hear that our Executive room met your expectations, but disappointed to learn that you could smell cigarette smoke from the next room. I can confirm that we do have a strict 'no smoking' policy throughout the hotel where smoking is only permitted in designated areas and any guest found to be smoking in a room incurs a financial penalty

Apart from the issues identified, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and I hope the rest of your stay was positive. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your thoughts and I hope I am able to reassure you that your experience has been carefully reviewed and steps taken to address any shortcomings.

We hope to be of service to you again in future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Arrived at the hotel after new years for spa break. Stayed in an executive suite which was pleasantly designed , quite roomy and clean .Was surprised there was no bath and a bit disappointed that we had a japanese shower - however once i worked out how to use it, it was pretty worthwhile as it was an enjoyable fun experience.
The beauty treatment was great as i had a massage and manicure, however the leisure building overall is a tad tired looking and needs a true makeover.
Food was great, especially the bar food.
Staff were always helpful and friendly, would recommend the hotel to others

Room Tip: Make sure your in a room not near a stairs , exit or lift as the passing traffic in the corridor will affect your sleeping! Make sure you get an executive room as the views outside the hotel are lovely. The cheaper rooms may allow you to be placed near an outdoor hall that the hotel use for special occasions
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an insight into your recent experience at Ramada Sutton Coldfield, and we are most appreciative of your constructive and positive report. In particular my team values your kind observation of their helpfulness and friendliness - we know how important this is to the overall guest experience and we will continue to ensure everyone receives a very warm welcome.

We were delighted that you were more than happy with your executive room, you enjoyed the food and were able to make good use of our leisure and beauty facilities.

I note your comments regarding the leisure building and whilst I concur that some aspects of the property would benefit from investment, we are a 3 star hotel committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained, and our team is friendly and welcoming. However what we have as shortcomings, we hope is made up for through efficient service, pleasant grounds, free car parking, extensive leisure club facilities and an easily accessible location.

Thank you again for your recommendation and be sure to follow us on our Facebook page to keep abreast of news, events and offers and we look forward to being of future service.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Booked a family room for a party at the hotel, staff were very friendly on checking in and we were able to go straight to our room. The floors and doors certainly do creak and along our corridor no lights were on so found it difficult to find the room.
Eventually found our room and found it very warm and comfortable although I noticed the bed hadn't been made properly and the mattress was left showing as the sheets hadn't been tucked in.

Only problems we really had were the staff levels during the afternoon - appears there were minimum staff at the small bar and had to wait around ten minutes for the barman to be found. Wine prices were outrageous, however, with a Chardonnay priced at £7.30 for a small glass - better to buy the whole bottle! My young daughter wanted apple juice but this was not available at the bar (copious amounts at breakfast though), and beer choices were limited to Becks and a bitter on draught, and several varieties of bottled beer (£4 a bottle).

The decor around corridors looked dated and on the whole it just looked tired ( photos on Expedia don't look anything like what we saw) but I'm sure decorating the hotel would be a great improvement.

Water temperature in the pool was ok although the jacuzzi wasn't much warmer ( we were told its 1 degree warmer) and sauna and steam room were lovely.

Overall, a pleasant stay in a hotel that needs some decorating.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to record your thoughts on your recent experience at Ramada Sutton Coldfield, and in particular noting the attentive friendly team and I am delighted to note your room was comfortable.

I am sorry that you found our bar prices expensive and can confirm that we review our bar tariff frequently to ensure it is reflective of our market and venue. We also stock a range of wines with prices starting from £16 a bottle and the most popular beers to try and accommodate all tastes.

I am pleased to learn that you were able to make good use of our leisure facilities and note your comments regarding the temperature in the pool and jacuzzi. This is not actually a jacuzzi but a spa pool and the temperature of this is designed to be the same as swimming pool and usually maintained at 29 degrees, which we hope is a pleasurable temperature suitable for all users.

I concur that some areas of the hotel would benefit from investment, however, we are committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained, and our team is friendly and welcoming. What we have as shortcomings, we hope is made up for through efficient service, pleasant grounds, free car parking, extensive leisure club facilities and an easily accessible location.

It is our hope to be of service to you again in future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at the Ramada on the Sunday after New Year for a post Christmas treat. The accommodation was good with a large room and bed but only one easy chair! The bathroom was adequate but a bath would have been appreciated - one hand towel had a hole in it. We used the leisure facilities and found them to be clean if a little chilly! The steam room, sauna and ice room were lovely - the jaccuzzi was the same temperature as the pool. We ate in the restaurant along with one other couple! The three course meal was £17 if booked on line and this was a more realistic price than the normal £22. The starters were average I had prawn and crayfish tail cocktail and my husband had soup - we were not offered any bread. For main I had Gammon and my husband salmon which although tasty was pub grub. The desserts were the best part of the meal. we ordered a bottle of Bordeaux at £26 and were surprised that it came with a screw top at that price. At breakfast we were again one of two couples. The cooked breakfast is plated and you make your own toast. The piped music was so loud that we had to ask for it to be turned down.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide an insight into your recent stay at the Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and we are delighted to hear that you had a relaxing break with us following a generally hectic New Year.

I am pleased to hear that you room was to your liking and can confirm that we have a mix of rooms and one with a bath can be allocated if requested when booking. I have also noted your comments regarding the towel and thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have asked my housekeeping manager to re-check all our towels to ensure they meet our usual high standard.

I am also pleased to note that you were able to make good use of our leisure and restaurant facilities. With regard to the wine you ordered being a screw top, in recent years that has been a move away from the traditional cork in favour of a screw top from some of the top wine producers as it has a number of benefits and a screw top is now a preferred method. It is not a reflection of the quality of the wine and you may be interested to read an article regarding this at the link below.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and we look forward to welcoming you again in future.

Kind regards