Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
New Hall Hotel & Spa(Sutton Coldfield)
$126
$122
$107
$91
Hotels.com
Brook Marston Farm Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
$83
$59
Travelodge Birmingham Sutton Coldfield(Sutton Coldfield)(Great Value!)
$47
Travelodge
Royal Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
$90
$66
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Birmingham Streetly(Sutton Coldfield)(Great Value!)
$51
Travelodge
Clover Spa & Hotel(Birmingham)
$84
Butler's Arms(Sutton Coldfield)
Moxhull Hall(Sutton Coldfield)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,670 results
All reviewsoverlooking the lakeleisure facilitiesafternoon teagroupon dealsauna and steam roomhealth clubbuffet stylefull englishbirminghameventvenue
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had such a lovely stay
I stayed at the hotel last weekend with some friends, we was here for the abba night what was brilliant.
All the staff were very friendly and always willing to help.
I stopped in a lovely room It was nice and clean and I was glad that I could control my own heating, the only down side was I had to keep asking one of the housekeeping ladies how to get to my room, the hotel is like a maze you need a map to find your way round
I would defiantly stay here again and recommend

• Stayed: December 2012
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an insight into your recent experience at Ramada Sutton Coldfield, and we are most appreciative of your constructive and positive report and recommendation. In particular the team values your kind observation of their helpfulness and friendliness, and we will continue to ensure our guests receive a very warm welcome.

We were delighted that you were more than happy with the room and that you enjoyed the Abba night. Our aim is to provide high quality entertainment to a wide audience and it is always gratifying to hear positive feedback from our guests.

We are in the process of completing our events calendar for 2013 so be sure to follow us on our Facebook page to keep abreast of news and offers.

We look forward to being of future service.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is located in a leafy residential area of Sutton Coldfield within a park like area. It is ideally location for Birmingham. This hotel is obviously used a lot by businesses for conferances and seminars as they have a large selection of spacious rooms for this purpose. There is also an excellent leisure centre as well. The rooms are only just adequete though and my particular room had no view at all apart from other buildings and it was so dark that you needed the lighting on all the time even during the day - quite depressing. The room looked rather in need of a makeover as well. The food was also rather mediocre. Breakfast was a buffet style help yourself but the only eggs on offer were scambled. You also had to make your own toast which I absolutely hate doing. The lunches and dinner were also just mediocre nothing special. We had christmas turkey and that was tasteless and bland.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to record your thoughts on your recent experience at Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and in particular for your kind observations regarding our location and leisure facilities.

As you have kindly observed our hotel has 15 purpose built conference suites to suit all occasions, catering from 2 up to 600 guests and is used by a mix of guests from private individuals, businesses, families and of course we hold many events. We are also ideally situated not only for Birmingham City Centre but also many local attractions including Drayton Manor, Cadbury World, the Sea Life Centre, The ICC, NIA and the NEC.

I am sorry to learn however, that your room did not meet your expectations. Whilst I concur that aspects of the property would benefit from investment, we are a 3-star mid-market hotel committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained, and our team is friendly and welcoming.

Thank you also for your observations regarding our food and I am sorry that it was not to your liking. Our breakfast buffet is aimed to cater for all tastes and as well as providing a standard cooked English breakfast we do offer an extensive choice of additional items including freshly baked pastries, cereals, juices, tea, coffee and continental options. I can also confirm that we do offer a variety of boiled, poached or fried eggs on request to ensure that they are cooked to your liking.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your thoughts and it is our hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ramada for two nights with friends whilst visiting the Sutton Coldfield area.

The first impression as one approaches the main entrance is poor. As there is no provision for smokers they congregate under the entrance canopy and guests entering and leaving the hotel have to fight their way through a nicotine loaded fog. The paving is littered with cigarette ends and the area only seems to be cleaned once a day. (I am not being sanctimonious about this - I am a smoker and I found the situation quite unacceptable.)

The room that we were allocated was quite disgusting - the wash basin was cracked, the grout and sealant around the bath / shower were badly stained with mildew, the carpet was stained, and there was dust and fluff on the side of the bed. There is no excuse for such poor presentation and lack of cleanliness. It would be easy to blame the room cleaners for problems such as these but inadequate maintenance, poor supervision, and lack of investment are the likely real culprits.

Our complaint about the room was dealt with in a professional manner by the duty manager and we were upgraded to an 'executive' room. Whilst this was quite acceptable I would classify it as the minimum standard that I would expect or accept.

The hotel seems to have been developed in a very piecemeal way with several interlinked blocks of rooms. Navigating the place requires a well honed sense of direction! The corridors in the accommodation areas also need a serious makeover. Walls are scuffed and carpets have been repaired with lengths of tape. All very shabby!

The public areas - bar and restaurant - were clean and tidy. Restaurant food was adequate - just - but nothing to rave about. Drinks were horrendously expensive - £4.60 for two halves of lager is ridiculous! Breakfast was standard hotel buffet style with plenty of choice and surprisingly good coffee. I was annoyed at being rushed out of breakfast on the second day because the hotel had 'another 100 guests to cater for'. There were no guests waiting to be seated and there were plenty of unoccupied tables.

I believe that the Ramada is rated as a 3 star hotel but I guess that this rating has much to do with the presence of a leisure club and spa on site plus several large function rooms. Without these I'm sure it would struggle.

Thankfully the good company of our friends went a long way to alleviating the deficiencies of the hotel but I will certainly not be making a return visit to this establishment.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your stay at Ramada Sutton Coldfield. We do take our guests feedback seriously and I am pleased that we were able to change the room for you. We are a mid-market 3 star hotel and we make every effort to ensure that our cleanliness and service meet our guest expectations.

Regarding our drinks prices, we do regularly check our prices against other hotels of a similar standard to ensure that they remain competitive.

Regards

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My daughter is at uni in Birmingham and we have been working our way through the pet friendly hotels. The Ramada looked lovely on the website and I was really pleased they advertised secluded grounds. On arrival the hotel looked impressive but once in our room it was down hill from there. The idea of a family room is a good idea and a perfect location for people with dogs needing to go out. The first problem we had was the room card which only worked once and then deactivated itself. This happened three further times during our stay. The room decor was dated and in need of a good clean. The bathroom certainly would not have passed the hotel inspectors test. The main bed was well past it's useable stage, the addition of the mattress topper did not disguise the protruding springs. The sofa beds were old and noisy. The hotel staff were very pleasant but there is only so many times you want to hear "we will contact maintenance".

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to note your observations following your recent stay at Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations in some areas.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems with your key card deactivating. Following your feedback we are investigating this problem so thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts regarding the room décor and advising of your concern regarding cleanliness of the bathroom and apologise for the shortcomings identified. My housekeeping team is committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained and your experience was certainly an oversight on our part. As a precaution all rooms are being rechecked today to ensure they meet our usual high standards.

I am also sorry to learn your bed was unsatisfactory, and I have asked my housekeeper to endeavour to identify which room you are referencing, as we have an ongoing programme of mattress replacement and can address any specific reported faults immediately.

We are a 3 star mid market hotel, and whilst I concur that aspects of the property would benefit from investment, we are committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained, and our team is friendly and welcoming. Guests arriving with a more luxurious expectation may be disappointed, however what we have as shortcomings, we hope is made up for through efficient service, pleasant grounds, free car parking, extensive leisure club facilities and an easily accessible location.

As you mention, we are a family-friendly hotel and welcome pets and do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I returned to this hotel to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.

Our room was clean and spacious and had a lovely view over the lake. All the staff were very polite.

The breakfast was buffet style and very well cooked. We had lunch in the bar and although hotel priced, was very large and well done for the price.

The swimming pool and spa are very well used by gym members and the facilities reflect that - they are ok, but they could do with a little TLC and revamp.

We have stayed at this hotel and had Xmas lunch also on several occasions and would recommend it without hesitation for any type of event.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to record your observations regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and we are delighted that you chose to return to us to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and were able to make use of our leisure facilities and indeed, that you are a regular visitor and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Be sure to key an eye on our facebook page to keep up-to-date with our news and events.

Kind regards