“Our Wedding!!!!”

Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
“Our Wedding!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We recently used the ramada as the venue for our wedding reception, the service we received was amazing from the day we booked the wedding we had fabulous service particularly from Amy Bushell who delivered a 5* service that I could not fault, she listened to everything I asked for and made our day just perfect, on our actual day she was not available so I believe mark took over and I must say every member of staff that day was amazing and nothing too much trouble!! I couldn't have asked for more.

We stayed in a suite (105) and it was lovely, from the separate living area to the lovely bath room, sadly no extractor fans in there or windows but can't have it all, one point that was a let down was that our room had no toiletries in, and I had forgotten shampoo, so when it came to wash my hair I'd rang down only to be told there was no shampoo left? Also had to ring down for toilet roll and for tea bags milk sugar etc, not too much of an issue as they where quickly sent to our room.

House keeping came whilst we were showering the next morning do we asked them to cone back as we left the room we asked for it to be cleaned, only the bed was made, the towels we had left in the bath as instructed if we wanted new where hung up only not changed, just minor things and in no way did they spoilt our stay more of an inconvenience.

Whilst we were happy with our room other guests of ours were not so lucky and had to move rooms twice one saying their room had a strange odour.

In terms of the service we received from this hotel you could be mistaken for thinking was higher star hotel, with special mention to Amy Bushell and Mark who are credits to the event team x

• Stayed October 2012
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Guest

We know who you are so forgive us not using your name however Trip doesn't let us!!

Thank you for sharing your valued observations following your wedding celebrations held last weekend. I am delighted that you had a fabulous day with us and that everything was done exactly as you wanted and that you you were more than happy with your room.

I have passed your comments on to my team involved in the day and in particular Amy and Mark, who were thrilled to receive such compliments and we greatly enjoyed working with you on the lead up to the day. We do try to make sure that your time with us from booking to departure is seamless as possible. Our team is genuinely friendly and accommodating and they all try to make sure that our guests feel like they are at home when they are here and nothing is too much trouble.

Your comments are appreciated by all here at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Fiona Lockyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here using a Groupon voucher whilst visiting friends. At the discounted price we felt we had value for money, but I certainly wouldn't want to pay full price. The whole place was dated and the room and breakfast were nothing special (we had expected more from this hotel brand, particularly having upgraded to an executive room), although the television package and late check out (2pm) were added benefits for us. All in all, no complaints, just nothing to shout home about!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in providing an insight into your recent experience a Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and I am delighted to note that you found our recent promotion good value for money.

We are a 3 star mid market hotel committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained and our team is friendly and welcoming. Guests arriving with a more luxurious expectation may be disappointed, however, what we have as shortcomings, we hope is made up for through efficient service, pleasant grounds, free car parking, extensive leisure facilities and an easily accessible location.

We hope to be of service to you again in future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed with a group of collegues here for work purposes and can say it wasnt to bad, yes the room needed an update but what can i say it was clean and tidy. The hotel itself was very busy but the staff kept smiling and were very friendly, i seen the same staff later still working they are a credit to the hotel. I forgot my phone charger and asked someone on the corridor and she got me one from housekeeping straight away saving me alot of hassle (sorry i forgot the ladies name). The food and drink was good. Great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank deana s
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your observations regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Sutton Hotel.

It was our pleasure to welcome you and we are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay. In particular for your positive comments regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of all our team. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and drink.

Our team is genuinely friendly and accommodating and they all try to make sure that our guests feel like they are at home when they are here and your comments are very much appreciated.

Be sure to follow us on Facebook to keep abreast of our news and offers and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Best wishes

Southport, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was staying here for a one day magic convention, my only dislike was the price of the beer at the bar, while at the bar one chap orded a red bull and it cost him £3.90, the same price as a lager, this makes for an exspencive day for drinkers.The staff where chearfull and helpfull

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at Ramada Sutton Coldfield. in particular we welcome your kind observations regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff, which I will share with them.

I can confirm that we review our bar tariff on a regular basis to ensure it is reflective of our Market and venue and taking into account other costs including staffing, stocking, equipment and of course government taxation.

all of our team here at the Ramada are committed to ensuring each guest receives a warm welcome and their experience with us is the best that it can be and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

general Manager
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this Ramada for 5 nights recently for work. I can't comment too much on location as I was working in the town of Sutton Coldfield and had to get a cab there.

Ate in the restaurant first night with 4 other colleagues. Needless to say we didn't go back! Food took about an hour to arrive, despite it being fairly quiet and others who came after us getting served quicker. When the food finally turned up it all looked appetising enough but unfortunately tasted, for want of a better word, disgusting. I had a shepherd's pie which appeared to contain about a teaspoon's worth of meat/potato - the rest was cheap cheese and the strongest oxo-cube water-gravy I've ever encountered. Had I been paying for it (rather than my company) I would've have refused to hand the money over. Also cost a tenner for two glasses of wine, which seems incredibly steep for a 3-star hotel in the middle of nowhere. Anyhow, staff were very pleasant and can't fault them.

My room was a small double. Usually I'm not the kind of person who cares about old fittings or a room in need of a little refurbishment, but this was really something else. My keycard was incredibly unreliable so actually getting into the room was a battle on it's own.. Chipped paint EVERYWHERE.. Footprints and general scum on the walls.. Bedside table falling apart... Hair in the wardrobe drawers... Dirty bathmat... Holes and rips in the net curtains... About 5 or 6 wonkily-tacked on lightswitches in a room barely 4sq m, all of which had to be turned on and off individually, and the room was dark without all of them switched on... There was a promo leaflet for some event at the hotel on my bed when I arrived which was crumpled and tea-stained... And the pillows were possibly the most uncomfortable I've ever encountered (cheap and floppy masquerading as 'soft'... I used my coat for the rest of the week). There are points others have raised on here (very loud and creaky floorboards, some sort of very loud generator being right outside the window and going all night, long walk to room etc) that were slightly irksome but not so bad that they'd lead me to write a negative review, however, added on to all the other rather more irksome details of my stay I feel they became more annoying had they just been problems on their own. A more amusing mishap was one of my colleagues requesting his bathroom door be fixed (was hanging off the hinges) and the repairman leaving a can of energy drink on his toilet for him to find when he returned to his room later!

Some of my colleagues' rooms were far nicer than my room; however, I feel it just isn't professional to have updated some rooms, and to have left others in such a mess. I would DEFINITELY not have paid to stay here out of my own pocket.

Sorry Ramada, I'm not usually fussy, but this really wasn't a great stay.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to record your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield.

I am sorry to learn that the food and service in the restaurant did not meet your expectations and for the shortcomings identified. I have raised your comments with our Head Chef to ensure that the quality of our food meets our usual high standard. Your feedback has also been passed to our Restaurant Manager to ensure that our service is improved in future.

Thank you also for your observations regarding your room. Following your feedback my Maintenance Manager has visited the room and checked all the points you have raised and repaired/rectified all the areas of concern. He also agreed that there were a few areas where the paint had been chipped and scratched. The room has only been redecorated in the last 6 months and the paint used was a water based gloss instead of the oil based gloss that has previously been used. Your feedback would infer that this new paint is not as resistant to marks or scratches from luggage, etc., and so we will return to the more hardwaring paint in future, so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

My housekeeping team is committed to ensuring rooms are clean and well maintained and I am confident that had you raised the above issues at the time of your visit, we could have offered you an alternative room, subject to availability, and made good the shortfalls that you identified.

Please be assured that your feedback is extremely important to us as it assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues are taken seriously and will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in future.

Yours sincerely

Travelers are raving about these Sutton Coldfield hotels

Brum
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had a special deal from travelzoo worth half price for using their pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna as well as morning tea with fingers sandwiches, 3 types of cakes, scone with jam and cream and a coffee...Worth the value and we enjoy our relaxing morning into mid afternoon.. a great place to catch up with friends...and you can walk into the field and it got footpath quite nice atmosphere. We enjoy it but the pool that share the same water with the jacuzzi are rather cold... after staying for a bit we goes into steam room and sauna just to warm ourselves up. Overall it was lovely... The waitress was very friendly and helpful when serving our morning tea...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ramadasutton, General Manager at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your views about your recent stay at the Ramada Sutton Coldfield and we were delighted to hear that it you had such a positive experience and that our staff were friendly and welcoming.

In particular, we very are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and were able to make good use of our leisure facilities and the grounds surrounding the hotel. However, I am sorry to learn that you found our swimming pool a little cold for your liking. It is usually maintained at 29 degrees and the spa is actually a whirlpool as opposed to a jacuzzi, and designed to be kept at the same temperature.

Again, thank you for your positive report and we hope that you are able to visit us again in the near future.

Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

1. Just about lives up to its 3* rating.
2. Some/my room a distance from main hotel & not under cover.
3. Key card not working (which is annoying when you have to walk backwards & forwards to sort it out).
4. Staff unable to sort generating a bill the night before checkout (as I do at all other hotels in order to beat morning rush).
5. Food overall not too bad, Blade of beef excellent.
6. Glad it was a corporate gig, as I'd be upset if I'd booked/paid for it myself.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to record your thoughts on your recent experience at Ramada Sutton Coldfield, and we are delighted to note that the food met with your expectations.

I do concur that due to the unusual layout of the hotel some of our rooms are a few minutes walk away from reception and our Mews rooms are situated outside of the main hotel building. However, many of our guests request these rooms as they are much quieter, being away from any events taking place in the hotel, and they are generally larger.

I appreciate you bringing to our attention the problem you encountered with your key card and the fact that you were unable to settle your account in advance. My Reception Manager has identified a need for further training for new team members in this area so thank you for feedback.

Apart from the issues identified, I do hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to being of service to you again in future.

Yours sincerely

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,548 reviews
New Hall Hotel & Spa
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,145 reviews
Premier Inn Birmingham North (Sutton Coldfield) Hotel
Premier Inn Birmingham North (Su...
#4 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
The Belfry
The Belfry
#1 of 1 in Wishaw
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,775 reviews

Been to Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield? Share your experiences!