“Very Dog Friendly”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Very Dog Friendly”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a fantastic stay. The staff could not have been more friendlier or helpful. They were charming to both my partner and myself and very welcoming to our Border Collie. The Breakfast was delicious (I'm vegetarian and the choice was superb.) and freshly cooked with generous servings. The room was lovely and spacious and very clean. The shower and bathroom was perfect. We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank georgie-em
MarstonFarm, General Manager at Brook Marston Farm Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is pleasing to read that you really enjoyed your stay. The hotel is dog friendly as we are well aware that pets are part of the family. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast as I know sometimes that being vegetarian can restrict your choices. When deciding on our menus and buffets we try and take all aspects into consideration including dietary requirements such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten and dairy free dishes.
We are lucky at the hotel that the majority of our rooms are as you describe spacious, clean with good showers.
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming all three of you back in the future !.

Anthony Palmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
birmingham
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Members of Marston Green & District Lions Club (and friends) took part in the New Years Eve event at Marston Farm Hotel
This was a very enjoyable experience, the staff were lovely and gave an excellent service
Plus the late serving of breakfast on New Years Day was great - excellent idea
Have a strong feeling we will be back next year / this year
Only real drawback was for me personally, I have mobility problems (walk with 2 sticks generally) and the room that I was in was directly at the top of a steep staircase
The meal was very good (unfortunately, our steaks were a little tough, which was a shame as they should have been melt in the mouth, served as they were medium rare, which is my personal preference). Dance floor (temporary) did split apart a bit during the night.
But all in all would highly recommend the hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Firstly Happy Belated New Year! and I am pleased that you and your guests had an enjoyable evening and that you enjoyed being able to have your breakfast later. If I am honest I think it suits everyone, me included!

I am sorry that you were allocated a room upstairs as usually we do have ground floor rooms available and should you return this year obviously we can ensure that one of these rooms is allocated to you.

You will be pleased to know that we have recently changed suppliers ,to a new butcher, and the quality in meat in general has greatly improved.

I look forward to welcoming you all back this New-Year to see in 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with work for the night in a huge three bedroomed room. Room was clean and modern with an excellent shower. Dinner on the evening was very tasty, although took a while to come but definitely worth the price and wait. In the morning we went for breakfast we had been told was included in the rate by the lady the niggt before but were then told then that it wasnt included. As it wasnt our fault for the false information they happily provided us with a free breakfast which definitely removed any hard feelings.

The two members of staff who dealt with us in the evening and morning were excellent and rushing around doin everything. Very polite and friendly.

The location is out in the sticks. ..obviously as it is a farm. If you want a quiet break its perfect.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Blissackerman1304
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay including your evening meal. As nearly all our dishes are freshly prepared this can sometimes take a little longer but as you say it was worth the wait.

I apologize for the misleading information regarding breakfast but was also pleased to see that we honoured our initial statement and that you were served breakfast without additional charge. I am a firm believer that sometimes you cannot rectify a mistake but how you deal with it after is what you should be judged on. I thank you for understanding with this and appreciate your kind words that this gesture put any bad feelings firmly to rest.

The hotel is set in 5 acres of grounds which are fantastic to explore and with direct access to the canal towpath this makes for enjoyable walks. I appreciate that the time of year you visited this was not possible due to dark nights and poor weather but should you visit us in the spring or summer I am sure you will be able to take advantage of the lovely grounds.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Brook Marston Hotel in the future

London
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed on business and had a lovely room with a four poster bed.

The bathroom was a bit tired and in need of a makeover.

I had dinner - the menu was unpretentious and it was solidly reliable. The staff were really nice and friendly.

Room Tip: I had room 10 - the four poster!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Your positive comments are really appreciated and I have passed them on to all concerned.
I am pleased you found our dinner menu appealing as we do try to give a good choice of traditional favourites alongside more interesting and unusual dishes.
We are currently decorating rooms in the Hotel and I have made a note of your comments regarding the bathroom.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Brook Marston Hotel in the future

Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

.......... is probably one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. We stayed there for a couple of nights en route to another destination. It is so peaceful and quiet there with lovely views of the coutryside and yet within easy driving distance of Tamworth.
The staff were very friendly and treated us as if we were old friends. We can only sum up by saying, excellent service, excellent room and excellent food.
We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive review.

As the Manager of the hotel it makes me feel very proud of the hotel and my team of staff when we receive such positive comments.

We try our hardest to make everyone feel welcome and I am pleased you appreciated our approach to good customer service.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Coleshill and District Round Table and Ladies Circle recently held a function at Maston Farm. I was on the organising committee as I have been for other events. Marston Farm delivered as they promised. The Marquee function room was beautifully presented in our chosen colours, the venue was welcoming and the food was well prepared and efficiently served. There was no issue with a variety of dietary requirements. We had 109 guests in total. They made us most welcome at a reasonable price and made organising this relatively easy. I would recommend Marston Farm for this sort of event and many thanks to Jan and her team.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
MarstonFarm, General Manager at Brook Marston Farm Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments.
The hotel prides itself on its banqueting service and i am pleased that your event was enjoyed by all.
The marquee adapts itself to a number of events from weddings to gala dinners even in these dark cold months the new heating system ensures everyone is warm.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Marston Farm Hotel next year.
Thank you once again for your feedback

Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Last week we held a small residential training course here for a complementary health technique. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful, including the chef going out of his way to cater for some fairly unusual dietary requirements. Great service, will definitely use again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Great Training Course Venue

I am pleased that your training course was successful and that the staff’s efforts made especially the chef made your event successful. The hotel is now in a better position to offer more choices to guests with special dietary requirements as because of your event all the staff are more aware and informed and knowledgeable of products available for customers with specific dietary needs. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back next year and I know chef has already started planning your menus.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,572 reviews
New Hall Hotel & Spa
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,159 reviews
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield
Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfie...
#9 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,075 reviews
Premier Inn Birmingham North (Sutton Coldfield) Hotel
Premier Inn Birmingham North (Su...
#4 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Brook Marston Farm Hotel? Share your experiences!