1,463 results
All reviews bridge restaurant handpicked hotels hand picked hotels great chamber afternoon tea beautiful hotel cream tea lots of character beautiful grounds historic building the main house sandwiches evening meal executive room little touches steam room relaxing break
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came for a one night stay over a recent weekend. The hotel is beautiful. We had been here before in the winter and it was lovely then too. Spotlessly clean all over and friendly staff - particularly JP and Jordan (think that was his name). Had a great walk around the ground, which are very pretty.
Food is tasty and the menu is more extensive than the last time we were here. If there is something you do or don't want you just need to say.
We also had treatments at the spa and the girls that delivered them were great and attentive.
A fab stay all in all.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Charlotte H, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear sarpor,

Thank you for your wonderful review, I am absolutely delighted that you had a great stay with us and that our team members made it extra special for you.

We look forward to being your hosts again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my third visit to New Hall and it lived up to the memories. Stunning hotel set in beautiful grounds, it definitely has the wow factor. The spa and pool facilities are great, we spent a lovely few relaxing hours there. In the evening we enjoyed a bar snack on the terrace. We felt some sort of music or something would’ve been a nice touch. The staff were very attentive, nothing was too much trouble. The room itself was ok, I would’ve liked a full length mirror but the little extras were great, fresh milk and the fridge, nice tea/coffee and nice toiletries. Overall a fantastic place to visit.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Tye_Bo,

Thank you for your comments following your recent visit to New Hall. I am absolutely thrilled you enjoyed the time you spent with us and found the experience relaxing.

We do hope to be able to welcome you again in the future,

All the best,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

New Hall Hotel and Spa is a sunning building with hundreds of years of history surrounded by a moat . I have stayed here before many times on business before retiring but this stay was a surprise for my wife’s birthday during our visit to a show at the NEC. The bedroom was clean comfy and roomy with a three seater settee, desk and chair , coffee table , fridge and tea and coffee facilities. The room also has a hair drier, safe ,iron and ironing board. The bedroom overlooked the rear gardens and was accessed via several staircases ,we did not see a lift to any of the floors. I had booked one of their dinner bed and breakfast special deals which I understood had afternoon tea included on arrival. However what we were given was a cream tea. Not the end of the world but left us disappointed after a 3 hour drive. The dinner we had on 2 nights was well presented with quality ingredients. The pool and spa was a good standard with sauna and steam room . We have stayed in other hotels owned by this group in he Uk and they also have been to a high standard.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank PandLCheshire

Dear PandLCheshire,

Thank you greatly for such a lovely review following your recent visit! We are delighted you enjoyed New Hall and you also spend time in our other beautiful hand picked properties.

We can't wait to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night for my husbands birthday. We stayed in the Sirius room and loved the beams and how big this suite is! The bed was very comfortable and we slept well.

We used the spa and although small had everything you would expect.

We dined in the bridge restaurant which was lovely the food was good. If you have booked a dinner package you get £35 per head towards the meal not a set menu that we have had at other hotels.

The outside court yard is a very relaxing and a pretty place surrounded by shrubs and you can cross the moat using a bridge.

Overall we found the New Hall a beautiful house inside and out and staff were very friendly and helpful

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Charlotte H, Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2019

Dear waggytail1980,

Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

Arrived Monday 20th may for a 2 night stay. Was for business not pleasure. The entrance to the hotel is stunning and gives you high expectations of what's inside. Signage is not as grand as i thiught it would be.
Car park is full of golden chuck stones which is a pest when you are trying to pull small luggage. The whoa factor when you walk from the car to building is breathtaking. An abundance of animals explore outside the grounds Geese other birds squirrels were all in Attendance and not forgetting the moat surrounding the old building offers some big fish.
Had dinner both nights. Menu is ok should be able to find something to eat. Food was quick and delicious on 1st night we chose a burger as we arrived after a 6hour drive so wanted quickness. 2nd night we had dinner in the grand room. A very charming place and only our delegates were present. Soup was a little spicy but palatable. Chicken was quite small but tasty and sticky toffee pudding was warm very spongy. No complaints at all. Breakfast both mornings were quick. Staff very efficient and helpful. Continental has everything you would want and eggs Benedict were a firm favourite.
I stayed in the main hotel which is very charming. My room was alba. Bed very comfy pillows very comfy too. Didn't want to get out it to go to my course. The only negative I can find and I am clutching at straws here is sockets. plug sockets at the bedside cabinet eould be helpful. I wanted to sit on my bed and plug my phone in to charge whilst using my laptop. My cables weren't long enough to charge. The kettle was sitting on a table in the built in wardrobe again no socket to plug that in. So kinda didn't have space to work if i had the kettle on the dresser. Maybe something to improve on possibly a bigger bar. Just feel its in the small side. Otherwise I had a pleasant stay and I wouldn't hesitate to book again if i am ever down that way again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Rosiem-1974,

Thank you for your lovely words! We agree that we are very lucky to be set in such stunning surroundings, I am absolutely thrilled to learn that this was echoed with the quality and service demonstrated throughout your stay.

We can't wait to welcome you again,