1,380 results
All reviewsbridge restauranthandpicked hotelshand picked hotelsgreat chamberafternoon teabeautiful hotelcream teabeautiful groundshistoric buildingwonderful weekendthe main houselots of characterevening meallounge areafine diningsandwichespoached eggs
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

I booked with new hall for my 40th as I wanted a quiet birthday.
I have been here before for afternoon tea a few times.
I booked with them for over night stay 2 spa treatments and the next day being my 40th I booked afternoon tea for 11 of us.
Soon as I got there I was rushed straight away for my treatments which were both rushed and was not relaxing at all.
My husband met me at the spa as I'm disabled and needed help across the gravel.
My husband had already seen the room which I up graded myself being a special birthday.
Got to the room and it was nothing like the one I was shown before I paid.
Other people on here who had special birthdays had arrived to flowers and chocolates I arrived to a room with nothing welcoming at all.
My husband went to make himself a hot drink in the room were the milk was in the mini fridge.
He poured his milk in his hot drink and the milk had gone off. Vile!!
We then sat in our room to relax for a bit to see crumbs of biscuits and wrapping pieces all by the coffee table so it had not been cleaned properly.
We went for breakfast the following morning and the staff was not welcoming there either.
I have to walk with a crutch so the one waiter said can I take that off you as it will be in the way of other people.
Toast came out cold,as did the cooked breakfast.
Came on a hot plate but cold food.
As we left for breakfast the same waiter gave me my crutch back and commented I nearly fell over it twice.
My afternoon tea was booked for 4.30 in the garden room which I had paid extra for.
Before the time I waited around for my family to arrive staff never once wished me a happy birthday.
There was a wedding on so all the staff were concerned about that.
No staff member came up to me once and said your room is now ready for afternoon tea or no communication at all.
Once in the room they brought the sandwiches in less then what I had paid for.
They said I never booked for that many,once they checked they made the correct sandwiches up but not once apologised.
They then brought all the cakes in which I said we were not ready for,so the waitress took the cake stands off in a strope and gave me a dirty look.
Everything just went from bad to worse,I wish to god I never paid over £500 for the whole advent but with myself being disabled I needed somewhere close to home but relaxing,it turned out the other way round.
Not once did my advent planner come in and wished me happy birthday or is everything ok.
We had to keep looking for staff to ask for more coffee and tea.
People from the wedding kept walking into our advent to see what was happening in our room.
Not one member of staff was nearby.
I am disappointed and discussed with the way I was treated here at the hotel.
I can honestly say it ruined my 40th birthday.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank wayne b
Jonathan S, General Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Wayne

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. From the outset please accept my sincere apologies that you had a poor experience with us. We have clearly let you down. I would like to fully investigate your comments with the team. I will reply back to you privately by Thursday 23rd August.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

This goes without saying this the best hotel I have stayed in the uk by miles, all the staff were excellent, and deserve high praise for their level of service they give every customer. The management are very lucky to have staff who go the extra mile for their guests. Would love to go back there.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Jonathan S, General Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I could agree more with you about the team, I am very proud of all of them. Thank you for a fabulous review, it was great to read.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful setting, lovely food and very pleasant staff- went to local Sutton park and saw wild ponies!! Wonderful
Spa was fabulous, sauna, jacuzzi pool, rooms beautiful decorated. 800 year old building, beautiful, well worth a visit

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It was nice to read you enjoyed Sutton Park , it is an amazing area to walk and explore.Thank you for your kind words about the Spa , I know the team will be delighted with you review.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Undoubtedly this is my favourite hotel in the UK. My husband and I both own our own businesses and needed a break from work. This was the perfect place to unwind. The building itself is stunning with stained glass windows throughout and some amazing carvings on the newel posts in the staircase.
The grounds were lovely and we went exploring round the cycle way (walking though!) which surrounds the hotel. The food was of great quality and we enjoyed eating on table 104 which is in a little nook in the dining room. We used the pool, sauna, steam room and also both had a massage to unwind. We also indulged in an afternoon tea which was good. A Scrabble board game was found immediately on our request and we spent the long weekend playing around the hotel. One particularly friendly young male staff member is a great asset your hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that we are your favourite hotel in the UK. We all need a break! I am delighted that we were able to help.Thank you for all your kind comments about the food and team - they will be delighted with your review.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

This place is absolutely full of character and is situated in a beautiful setting. We stayed in a relatively new wing. The room was comfortable, clean and fairly spacious. Check-in was quick, however, having to drag suitcases from our car over gravel was not pleasant. We were heavily laden as we were on a 4 week holiday.

We had drinks in the bar area which was nice and quite. There was a large group of people who were there for a work related event, however, they were in a separate part and didn't bother us too much. We were there in summer, and the room did get very warm in the afternoon. The only respite was a window which could be opened marginally.

Breakfast was included in our deal and was probably one of the better breakfasts we had during our journey. Well done!

We checked out the spa area and it was well equipped with the water at a good temperature. The grounds were immaculate and the setting beautiful.

Check out was a breeze. We would certainly recommend the Hotel and wish we had known of it earlier as we would have extended our stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Jonathan S, General Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor.I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for all your kind words about the room and breakfast; I know the team will be delighted with your review.