We visited New Hall a few years ago, and had a good time. We booked a two night stay with an upgrade to an executive room to include 2 breakfasts, two dinners with complimentary wine.The package came in at under £300 which we thought was a good deal.
The booking confirmation letter contained all sorts of information but not the Postcode to enable me to use Satnav. We had some difficulty, in the last two miles finding the correct route; probably my fault. However that Satnav location would have been a thoughful addition to the booking letter, and would have taken some stress out of our arrival!
Sam greeted us at reception and was helpful with room selection (they were not very busy), and with local information.
Room 38 was O'k, a standard layout, spacious, but nothing particularly special. The bed was comfortable but we both found the duvet (a very good quality duvet) to be too warm and we reverted to blanket and sheet. All of the usual facilities were available in the room and we were content with our choice.
We elected to upgrade dinner to the Fine Dining lounge. Bogdan Costin was our host and he greeted us with the suggestion that we sit in the lounge and enjoy our complimentary glass of wine each. We were well looked after and enjoyed chatting to Bogran. The dinner was 'Fine' and we found the meal to be to our liking. A good bottle of wine, suggested by Bogran, enhanced the meal. Throughout the evening we had the opportunity to talk to Bogran and his Vietnamese assistant. They were both interesting people and we had a very enjoyable evening. Bogran put half of the bottle of wine aside for us for the following evenings meal.
After a broken nights sleep (the duvet) we had breakfast in The Terrace Room.
Breakfast was very good with a wide choice of options. Again we were fortunate to be served by a very pleasant lady called Helen. She helped us with a few suggestions for exploring the local area. Nothing was too much trouble for her and like her colleague from the evening before she made the experience a pleasant one for us.
Our second main meal was on the standard menu (part of the package). The food was good and the service from Lisa was faultless. Although we enjoyed The Fine Dining the evening before we thought that the £30 premium was probably not worth it. The standard meal was to a high standard as well. Again a most pleasant evening.
A better nights sleep prepared us for our departure day. Breakfast, once again, was very good and we were pleased to see Lisa and Helen both on duty.
This stay was outstandingly good because of a few members of staff who took the time and trouble to offer us great service. We enjoyed the opportunity to talk to them all, concious of the fact that they had work to do. Specifically we want to thank Sam, Bogdan, Helen , and Lisa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lying within 26 acres of mature, elegant grounds this 60 bedroom historic country house hotel is widely reputed to be the oldest inhabited, moated manor house in England. Sympathetic renovation has provided up-to-the-minute facilities whilst retaining most of its medieval charm and character. Public areas with their fine panelling and mullioned stained-glass windows create a unique historical ambiance; the magnificent Great Chamber is particularly impressive indeed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your New Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Hall Hotel And Spa
- Hotel New Hall
- New Hall Hotel Sutton Coldfield
- New Hall Sutton Coldfield