A party of us went for afternoon tea and we were intially surprised to find we were the only ones there on a Saturday. We soon discovered however why no one else had bothered to pay around £30 a head for what I can only describe as an appalling effort at afternoon tea.
Both sandwiches and cakes were of minimal quality and poorly presented. Although we did not want for food - we did want for good food.
I was really really disapointed as we had expected a lovely family afternoon and the whole experience was a bit embarassing. It was such a let down that I will be wary of any afternoon tea thanks to the New Hall Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lying within 26 acres of mature, elegant grounds this 60 bedroom historic country house hotel is widely reputed to be the oldest inhabited, moated manor house in England. Sympathetic renovation has provided up-to-the-minute facilities whilst retaining most of its medieval charm and character. Public areas with their fine panelling and mullioned stained-glass windows create a unique historical ambiance; the magnificent Great Chamber is particularly impressive indeed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your New Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Hall Hotel And Spa
- Hotel New Hall
- New Hall Hotel Sutton Coldfield
- New Hall Sutton Coldfield