“Great hotel for business, pleasure and leisure.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
New Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sutton Coldfield
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for business, pleasure and leisure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Ive stayed here twice before and have always been impressed.

The room was large, good tv and bathroom/showers.

The pool and spa is good too.

Surroundings are great and you can walk around the gardens too.
My sat nav always has issues finding this place though.

The breakfast was very tasty, I fancied a greasy fryup as a treat and I was unsure if this establishment could accomodate my lenthy requests of food but they were most kind when the two plates of food arrived.

I will be back when im at the NEC next.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Lea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Attended a wedding here last week and was at first stunned by the setting. It really is breathtaking to look at. Was disappointed however to discover that only the ceremony was taking place in the hotel and the rest of the wedding was to be held out in the garden marquee. The bride and grooms honeymoon suite was on the same floor as the wedding room, and I was shocked to see that the door was wide open so all the guests could have a look in the bedroom before attending the wedding. Service was slow, food was nothing special. One saving grace was a very lovely young lady who seemed to be assigned to our table. She was brilliant, finding me a high chair (Even though they knew we had a young baby already?), heating food, mopping up after we'd finished. Like my overall rating, for such a stunning venue, it really was just average, and a let down.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New-Hall-GM, General Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear MadHatCat,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the wedding you attended here at New Hall Hotel & Spa.

From our experience, brides and grooms want to take advantage of everything New Hall has to offer, accordingly the civil ceremony commences in the main house, and then the natural flow of proceedings is into our picturesque gardens for drinks and photos, before moving onto the Garden Pavilion for the wedding breakfast and/or evening reception. This of course is entirely the Bride and Grooms choice and also dependent on the number of guests involved. As a grade 1 listed, 12th century moated manor house; we clearly have to work within the confines of the original building which means we are somewhat limited to the types of events we can hold and also the capacity.

The “Bridal Suite” you refer to is one of three magnificent Feature Suites which many of our couples choose to upgrade to partly because of its proximity to the ceremony room, but also due to its size. The door to this suite is occasionally left open by the guests for ease on the day of wedding, as more often than not, bridesmaids, parents and the registrars visit the Bride and/or Groom in this room prior to the ceremony. Obviously we do also offer other feature bedrooms or suites for our Brides & Grooms to choose from when they book their special day with us, so once again it is very much all down to personal preference as to what is chosen.

Whilst there is no reference to the actual date of your visit to New Hall, from the comments made we presume you attended Melissa & Pauls wedding. On this occasion, the couple chose an evening buffet to follow their drinks reception rather than a wedding breakfast, and as such decided not to have a formal seating plan. We were also not made aware of any children attending, simply the total number of guests, however I am pleased to read you were well attended to by a member of our waiting staff.

I trust my response suitably clarifies the comments you have made, and once again thank you for your feedback.

Regards, Simon
West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is our 2nd visit. The first was 8yrs ago the only change we noticed was the reception area was less formal now. We were welcomed with the door being opened for us and made to feel welcome straight away. All the staff including the cleaners were all very pleasant and friendly the same at the spa. The meals were delicious we opted for the offer of room evening meal and breakfast booked altogether with a slight discount. The resturant was very nice and would have been even better had the weather been warm enough to eat outside. But on our last stay we had breakfast in the resturant with the oak panels and more in keeping with the rest of the hotel but was closed this time. For my husband and I going here is a very special treat for us and didn't disappoint us. .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My Mother and I booked afternoon tea as a treat. Although 24 hours booking notice is required the staff were totally unprepared for us .Service was slow and we were shown to a table and left for at least 5 mins.We eventually were served tea but it took 15 minutes for the sandwiches to arrive.The staff were young and inexperienced and although we were the only people there we were asked the same questions by at least four staff.The food was nice but we got the feeling that as there was a wedding on they were over stretched. We were left standing at the bar to pay and at £20 a head the experience was disappointing for a 4 Star hotel. I will not be returning and would not recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gill B
New-Hall-GM, General Manager at New Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Gill B,

Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry to hear that the level of service you encountered in respect to your afternoon tea was not up to our usually high standards.

New Hall Hotel & Spa is a truly beautiful and popular venue for enjoying afternoon tea, and I am therefore disappointed that your experience fell short of your expectations.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment, coupled with my genuine assurance I have reviewed your comments with the relevant management and team members in order to address the shortfalls highlighted and am confident should you choose to return to us in the future you will receive the sort of experience New Hall is renowned for.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Kind regards, Simon
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last Saturday for a murder mystery night which was undertaken by The Killing Game company. The event was fantastic, the hotel and settings were amazing and added to the ambiance of the events.

Hotel room was a standard room but of good quality, nice comfy bed. Flat screen tv with lots of channels. Food was great, the best was breakfast! Yummy sausages...

Just wanted to say thank you too the hotel and housekeeping staff, I left a bracket in my room. It was a birthday pressie so was upset when I could not find it when
I got home. Called the hotel and I had left it there... They sent it back to me which was very kind. Thank you very much, very happy to get it back.

We will definitely return :) recommended hotel and the killing game company.

Broughton Astley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife took me to New Hall for a birthday treat. It was marvellous! The Staff could not have treated us better. There were relaxing walks in the beautiful grounds. The spa facilities were wonderful, we swam before breakfast and it really perked up our appetites for the superb breakfasts, (the dinner was delicious to). Our room was well appointed and the bed was vast and comfortable, just how we like it! We would definitely recommend this as an oasis not far from the big Cities of the Midlands.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We have just attended a wedding at this venue but did not stay at the hotel- which I am glad about as the bar prices were EXTORTIONATE ! £17 for two bottles of cider and one gin and tonic. £6.75 per pint for San Miguel.
On the plus side the hotel and grounds appear to be lovely.

1 Thank Fredqdrs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Coldfield
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
#1 of 1 in Aldridge
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
The Belfry
#1 of 1 in Wishaw
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,728 reviews
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club

Been to New Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!