“Good Food and Friendly Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Fox and Dogs
Ranked #121 of 205 Restaurants in Sutton Coldfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Good Food and Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have visited the Fox and Dogs several times both for food and drink and have never had a bad experience.
After reading the review about the 'jobs worth manager' I felt compelled to write a review and tell people about my experience of the The Fox And Dogs.
I have always enjoyed any meal I have eaten there and personally have found all the staff very polite and helpful and the manager willing to accommodate requirements to adjustments with the food within reason and could never imagine that she could be rude or a 'jobs worth' in my personal experience.
I would recommend this pub to anyone for its warm welcome and friendly service.

• Visited March 2013

Birmingham England
“Customer Non-service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Really arrogant manager locked into a "jobsworth" attitude! Spend your money elsewhere where you'll be appreciated as a customer. I Went in with my young son, and was told that it was buy one main course, get the cheaper one free. Ordered a steak for me, and was eligible now for a full adult meal for free for him. He loves their (cheap) chicken bites from the kids menu, so I asked for the main chicken and chips. but could we substitute chicken bites instead of the Chicken Breast.
"No you can't - It's not a button on my till"
"well, can you enter it as chicken and chips, and just put the bites on?"
"Of course not! I would have to do it for everyone then!"
When asked for the manager, she informed me that she was it.

Gently pointed out a free second main would cost her more than supplying a kids meal, but she was getting stroppy by this point - so we went up to the Plough and harrow where the prices were half, and we could have what we wanted. Will never go back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bunker_Dude
TiffanyMartin, General Manager at The Fox and Dogs, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi,
I would like to take this opportunity to explain how our menu works to you once again. We offer a two for one menu on all our main meals this works out that you pay for the most expensive meal and get the cheeper one for free. However on our childrens menu it's single item priced, and unfortunately we can not mix the two menu's on our tills.

I appreciate that when parents come in with children and they want a specific item like our (value for money) chicken nuggets and would like to mix it with the adult main meals, thats its disappointing for our customers, but when approached to sort changes to our system depending on the request we do endevour to accomodate and always make sure our customers are happy to which they return time after time.

Its extremely disappointing that you feel you were unhelped in this matter and I have taken your remarks on board.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went here for sunday lunch, we both opted for the carvery. Very disappointing no vegetarian option and limited selection of vegetables too. We definately wont be going here again. Dirty cutlery too.

2 Thank Kami657
Hi, I am Tiffany Manager of Fox and Dogs,
After reading your review I would firstly like to apologise that you were disappointed on your visit.
We do offer a vegetarian carvery option when asked for and there are many vegetarian options on the main menu which you can have with the carvery vegetables. There is a choice of 5 or 6 different vegetables and 2 potato selections which is our carvery specification.
I can only apologise again for the dirty cutlery, if this had of been brought to my attention I could have fixed the problem there and then.
I hope this will change your mind about returning to the pub for a future visit.
Thank you for your review.
“Alright for a break from cooking but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I had to call someone to the bar to place my food order as there was no one around, but the member of staff was polite. I also had to ask for colouring packs for the children - most places would offer these as a matter of course. The food took about 20 minutes - quite a long time considering it was only two mains and there was hardly anyone else in there. Overall the food was good value and tasty but no member of staff came to find out if we were OK, clear the table or 'sell' us a pudding (so we had one at home)! I would go back from a convenience point of view - it's not too expensive if you use the two for one deal, and it's within walking distance from home. I wouldn't use it for a special occasion though.

“Amazing hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I visited the Fox and Dogs for the 1st time on Tuesday 31st August and was astounded at what a hidden gem this place was. We had pre-booked a table to celebrate a family members birthday so we were shown to our reserved table by a very friendly waitress who explained the ordering process. There was a good choice of food on offer and we were pleasantly surprised to realise that it was 241. On top of this one of my children's meals were £1 and the waitress made him a balloon animal whilst we waited for our meals! The food was served promptly within 20mins of us ordering and was of good quality. We then went upstairs to "fuzzy eds" which is the new version of a good old wacky warehouse but a lot cleaner, the girls up there were very friendly and helpful.