“Awful”

Birmingham, UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went here today for Mothering Sunday, booked a table for 12.30 as I have two small children. We ordered food at 1.10, then at 1.40 were informed they did not have the ribs my mom had ordered, what they had been doing until this time I have no idea as it wasn't very busy. My mom re-ordered and I asked for the childrens meals to be brought straight out, they arrived 10-15 minutes later and 1 was incorrect the other very poor. After another 15-20 minutes our other meals arrived (minus the re-ordered dish) upon trying my steak and ale pie I found it was frozen in the center and my brothers pie was also cold, we sent these back and complained about our experience so far.

When my moms re-order came the chips were obviously cooked in dirty oil and tasted revolting and the standard overall was very poor, after she complained to the manager he went into the kitchen and never returned, no one came to see us. The pies that came back were quite tasty but after the upset of wrong orderes re-ordereing potentially hazordous food (why were they not probing?) poor service and kids crying with hunger I had gone past it and couldn't eat. Then to top it off after no one seeing us we were given a bill for the whole amount, we got ready and I gave them the money for everything except the returned dangerous pies and said I wasn't prepared to pay for them. I have ate here many times over the years but since new management the customer service and food is way below standard I will NEVER eat here again and would advise anyone else not to.

• Visited March 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good, actually”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The meal took around 40 minutes to be served, but there were 10 of us, so I guess that was OK.
The food was good and it was all served at the same time.
The staff were pleasant and helpful.
All in all it was a pleasant experience, and I can't really understand all the negative reviews.

1 Thank Carl D
“sunday lunch not great”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went for sunday lunch £6.95 and had a choice of turkey or beef, or the main menu .We both choose beef and the meat was tasteless and just too much veg. Far to much sweetcorn and peas it looked like they was trying to fill plate. We both had a sweet £3.75 treacle pudding with custard which was very nice. Staff very pleasant and attentive.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank chris g
“no more”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The food was shocking ,the young girls who looked after us where lovley. But sorry no more for me.you may think i,am being a bit hard but i live local and used this place for 30 years + and it use to be good ..........................

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank keithbick
“KIDS PLAYGROUND”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I called in on a Friday teatime for a pint on the way home from work and to book a table for later on that evening.. The lounge area was like a childrens playground with kids running around, still in school uniform, at nearly 6pm..!! Babies in prams, being fed out of glass jars also seemed part and parcel of the furniture...No one appeared to be in charge and there was no disipline or authority in place... it seemed badly run at the very least... Needless to say, I didn't make the proposed table reservation, nor will i be returning...such a pity because its in a great location.. I,ve since heard further bad reports about the sudden decline in the overall running of the pub, and the recent change of management

Visited February 2013