“A little gem!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Old School House Guest Accommodation
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Overnight stay early March and couldn't fault it. A lovely, clean, comfortable b &b but with the little extras one expects of a hotel. Our double room with en suite bathroom, had a tv, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, complimentary toiletries, shoe shine and sewing kit.
Vicki, the owner, is really welcoming and even dropped us at The Belfry where we had an evening meal booked! Breakfast was freshly cooked and plentiful.
We would definitely recommend and if we are in the area again, we wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StellaDerby

Reviewed July 10, 2012

A genuine old school house. Had meeting in Sutton colefield and this guest house proved ideal. I had the small room at under £50 a night. It was small single bed but en suit bath and comfy bed.room had tv coffee and tea facilities and was clean. In fairness good value and full English. I was almost put off by the alleged £12 wifi cost but I had free fast connection which was a bonus. Vicki is helpful and has a fair few regulars both business and contact but all nice. Two very good pubs within walking distance- white horse the nearest and more geared to food than a pub and the beehive in the village which is a great local with good affordable food and friendly staff. Recommended.......

Room Tip: Good local pubs near by white horse and beehive both recommended
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Celtica
Reviewed May 29, 2012

A very pleasant B&B - I stayed one night as I was working in the area. My room was small but cosy, there were nice toiletries and my ensuite had a bath.The guest house is on the main road and there was a little traffic noise at night but it was hot so I had my window open - I shouldn't imagine you'd notice otherwise.
There was a notice asking you to pay for wifi which seemed a bit unusual as most places offer it for free these days and £6 for an hour is a bit steep - although another reviewer on here has said you don't have to pay?
Overall it was clean, welcoming and comfortable. Hostess was fantastic, good cooked breakfast and plenty of parking. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2012

For the low price we paid for a two-night stay at this delightful B+B, we did not expect such high standard and quality of the room and in particular the delicious hearty breakfast each morning. The building was spotlessly clean throughout and there is a quaint courtyard and back garden - lovely for sitting out in and having a drink - including a hot tub!

The hostess was very welcoming and went out of her way to accomodate our needs on several occasions. Look forward to staying with you again in the near future!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here for a weekend with members of my family. As a well appointed small hotel, this place would take some beating for value. The hotel is very well appointed, quiet and spacious and we slept very soundly indeed on the clean, comfortable beds. What most impressed us was the friendliness of the welcome [despite arriving late on Friday evening] and the warm hospitality which was extended to us throughout. We were made to feel that nothing would be too much trouble for our hostess!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I can't fault the hotel in any way. I was very welcomed by the hostess and was made to feel at home from the beginning. The whole hotel is spotlessly clean and my bedroom was very comfortable. The bed was very comfy (especially the crisp white linen). The toiletries in the bathroom was a lovely touch. I also made great use of the tv in the room and was given a wide range of freeview channels. The breakfast in the morning was huge and cooked to order. Overall this is a lovely hotel with excellent service from people who actually want to help you, not just because they have to.

p.s you definitely don't have to pay for wifi.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Daniel P
Reviewed April 27, 2011

The friendliest hotel I have stayed in. The owner offered a warm welcome and I really felt looked after. The hotel is immaculate and it would have scored full points if not for a few minor grumbles. The TV in the room is very small (although there is an enormous TV in the guests lounge), there are only five channels and it is £12 for wi fi.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business