“Great pub, great value food”
Review of Horse and Jockey

Horse and Jockey
Ranked #125 of 218 Restaurants in Sutton Coldfield
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Visit the Horse & Jockey regularly, usually with friends to do the quiz night, which I think they do 3 times a week.
There's always a good range of drinks to choose from, and the menu always has something for everyone, and is changed regularly. The food is always of a very good quality, and good value too.

1  Thank ArthurCBirmingham

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I go there regularly withy friends and have always had good food and beer. Service is great too. It is a good pub for special occasions and the atmosphere is very good.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Very upsetting experience. We arrived at 9.40pm and we're told food finished at 10pm. We chose quickly and went to the bar and while our order was being taken, the manageress began shouting aggressively at us and the staff member saying it was after 10pm. My iPhone said 10.02pm Had the manageress have been polite then it would not have been such a horrible experience. I later phoned as we felt upset, not so much that we had been sat down and attended to and then told sorry we can't serve you, the manageress continued her aggression despite the fact that we are polite friendly people. By far the most aggressive service we've ever come across, especially when they had let us down.

4  Thank Stuart J
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I wrote a review a few years back on The Horse and Jockey and as I only live a short walk away I only ever popped in for a couple of pints, but the wife and I decided to eat for a change as the menu has changed a few months back and to be fair since my last visits to eat 2012 the food has improved,the only down side now I'm getting old and grumpy and my kids are all grow up, they allow children in to eat it used to 16 and over with a meal but with current climate every pound counts,in all a couple beers and eats and a chit chat not a bad place to go.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I came here with my family for dinner and a quiz. We really liked the interior, it's attractive and there is lots of room between the tables, so it's very easy to get around. My meal (chicken chimney pie, which was reduced in price because luckily it was a Monday - pie night!) was delicious and very nicely presented. Good value for money too. The quiz was good fun and the staff were pleasant and efficient. We had a lovely evening and will definitely come again.