“Thanks for a lovely evening!”
Review of Horse and Jockey

Horse and Jockey
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Thanks for a lovely evening!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I came here with my family for dinner and a quiz. We really liked the interior, it's attractive and there is lots of room between the tables, so it's very easy to get around. My meal (chicken chimney pie, which was reduced in price because luckily it was a Monday - pie night!) was delicious and very nicely presented. Good value for money too. The quiz was good fun and the staff were pleasant and efficient. We had a lovely evening and will definitely come again.

• Visited March 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dissapointing!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had booked a Mothers Day lunch for My Mum ,Son and myself with their set Mothers Day Menu,went today and was really looking forward to this treat,we found a table and sat down.I had to go and ask for the special menu as there were none around.The staff had to go and search for one.When they located a menu and we all selected our foods I went to the bar to order only to be told they are not doing the Mothers day menu today as the delivery has only just arrived with the meat etc and nothing is cooked or prepared?! we would have to order normal pub food.Unbelievable,not even a sorry.Needless to say I was not going to do this so we took our business elsewhere.What a let down.Shall not be rushing back here in a hurry! crap

Visited March 2014
1 Thank cheryl m
“good value food”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Food good , always presented well, lots of choice on menu , love the refit from last year a nice bright environment to eat in, always lots of staff on who are very attentive, always "deals" on the menu !

Visited February 2014
“as a pub great but”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Have given the food three attempts on three separate occasions, based on the principle you can always get the odd bad meal , however when burger and fries barely edible , it proves that the Sunday lunch we tried, and the steak another time, were not good, time to find another pub to disband perhaps just have a drink at the horse and jockey, don't get me started on the value for money .

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank teresa199
suttoncoldfield
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Very busy pub.Staff friendly, great band on Saturday 25.1.14. Will definitely return. Food very good, lots of choice.

Visited January 2014