“Great food, fast but friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Juboraj

Juboraj
Ranked #131 of 207 Restaurants in Sutton Coldfield
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, fast but friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Having read the reviews I was unsure what to expect, but was hopeful having heard so many positives from local friends. Luckily, we were not disappointed! The food was delicious, one of the nicest curries I have had in a long time, and I have had many. My only quibble is that the service was too fast if anything, although we were not made to feel rushed by staff the 2 courses were served and eaten within 45 minutes plus the poppadoms that we had. Cannot quibble with the service, quality or price of the food. A beautiful meal, even cheaper as you can take you own drinks... Will definitely return.

• Visited May 2013

“Been going for years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been using this place for years, in my opinion it is the best of it's kind in North Birmingham, there are some good restaurants that come close, but for me this is the best. I have always found the staff accomodating and more importantly the food is always high in quality.
More times than not the restaurant can be quite full from Thursdays thru Sundays, they do accomodate parties but you should book in advance if there are more than 6 in your party.
They are licensed but you are welcome to take in your own drinks.
The place is modern, ultra clean and nicely furnished.
It is well staffed, some of the others rely on too few and struggle when full, the Juboraj does not have this problem.
I have tried many of the others but always end up coming back to the Juboraj, if you love your Indian food, you will find it hard to get any better!

• Visited May 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Ruined big birthday night out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am a regular here but won't be going again, We booked a table for 7.30 and due to heavy snow our taxi was 20 mins late tried ringing restaurant but was constantly engaged. We arrived at ten to 8 and apologised (I know it was our fault) and were told our table had been given away to some "walk ins" which is fair enough. I asked if they could accommodate us and they said they could, I wish they had been honest and we would have left straight away and gone elsewhere. We then sat for 40 mins and were ignored every time we tried to ask whether we could get a table were not offered drinks whilst waiting. In the end we got up and walked out. I appreciate it was our fault we were late but were made to feel like pariahs when the weather was horrendous outside. They have lost a regular customer I also took clients there who were visiting but won't be using this restaurant again

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank debraphillips2016
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Sadly unimpressed with lack of smiles”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We DID have a nice night at this restaurant. We'd have loved to have been greeted and treated with a warmer welcome. We felt like we were a problem for some, not all, of the staff. The food was average but well priced. Quite a strong flavour of canned tomatoes in the balti. Nice decor and worth a try to make your own mind up but we won't be returning.

• Visited February 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Poor and left disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Well what can I say. Living in Erdington and never trying an Indian restaurant in the area I though I' try Juboraj. The restaurant looks nice from the outside and the decour is okay but the food was dreadful.
I asked for my food to be hot and spicy but it looks like the chef does not know what too hot is. Trust me can eat hot but i like my food to have some taste too. The food at best average especially as there are 2 other Indian restaurants within walking distance.
4/10 at best.