“customer care lacking..”

The Fox Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery
Ranked #166 of 218 Restaurants in Sutton Coldfield
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery we’re a friendly bunch and pride ourselves on giving the warmest of welcomes. So when you pop over to our place, whether it’s to catch up with friends over a refreshing drink or because you just can’t be bothered to cook, we hope you’ll find it like a home from home – without the washing up! We’ve something for all the family - from freshly carved, slow cooked roasts, stonebaked pizzas made from 100% fresh dough, tasty pub classics like hand battered fish, plus a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

great carvery can not fault it or chef and helper,, just bar/waiting staff are unfriendly, unwelcoming,
no smiles hello,s, goodbyes or how,s your food, 1st visit for fathers day, and was,nt worth the half hour drive from lichfield,, fast turnover, busy loud pub.. our plates were still on the table after desserts and 5 mins before we left, no staff came to ask how things were or if we required anything else... i would never return to this crown pub, unless staff got a course in customer care,and learn how to smile and be pleasant,, also no ashtrays outside by door, it was full of fag ends on floor and in drain,, real shame because carvery was spot on.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went for a Sunday carvery. Had to ask the waiter to clean the table as there were no clean ones to sit at. Then we had to ask for cutlery. The waiter was walking around with a spray cleaner and cloth......but didn't use his initiative to clean the empty, dirty tables. I watched another couple come in, they also had to ask for their table to be cleaned. Food was typical pub grub, plenty of vegetables to choose from though. Get what you pay for......only £7. Something.

3  Thank Simon B
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great pub if you have a dog as the landlord will let you take your dog into the front bar. Friendly pleasant landlord and great carvery and breakfasts good value for money.

1  Thank Robin M
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was told about this Pub by a fellow dog walker in our local park, I thought i would try it out. I went on my own the 4 times, and on my 5th visit i took my dog with me, yes my dog, dogs are aloud in the Public Bar. They do a lovely Carvery here and the food is top Jolly. I had the extra large Carvery and a Large Glass of the House Red.The food Quality was 2nd to none, with a good choice of Meat, Turkey, Pork, Beef, Gammon, the Stuffing was excellent and very fresh,Peas were freshly cooked so too were the Roast Potatoes.Oh and you get a lovely Pork Sausage with your meal too as well as a Yorkshire Pudding. The Mash looked very good but i did not try that.The Bill came to £13 and i had a few more drinks to follow,a Double Brandy was £3,30. The Decor is a bit Bland there but the place is very clean. In the lounge the furniture is very "Working Mans Club" type furniture but again very clean, and loads of tables. If you are taking your Dog they are very welcome as long as they behave, but only in the Bar, one of the customers held my dog when i went to the Carvery for my food. There is a Car Park with a charge of £1 for 2 hours, the ticket is redeemable off your Meal or Drink. And on a Sunday Parking is free i was told.The Clientele seemed very friendly. There was a lot of Children there too, all very well behaved it looked like to me. I thoroughly recommend this Pub for good food and reasonably priced Drinks.

4  Thank RayWilkesUK
Reviewed April 11, 2013

you have to walk through the locals to get to the back of the pub where the carvery is served. (CARVERY ONLY)

1  Thank Jud-Nic