“So impressed this has become our favourite place to visit”
Review of Farmers Arms at Combe Florey - CLOSED

Farmers Arms at Combe Florey
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Once again we have had a lovely time here,my husband and I are very impressed by the new menu and can't wait to go back to sample some more. We understand there is a new head chef and can say standards are just as high if not a little better than before.Yes it's slightly more expensive than other pubs but we think it's worth it. You can tell everything is freshly cooked and after speaking to our waitress it's good to know that local suppliers are used. Will be returning soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were disappointed with our evening here while on holiday . My monkfish was chewy although the prawn bisque it was presented in was delicious. There was no atmosphere and the staff were unhelpful bordering on rude when they asked us if the meal was ok and we commented on the bland vegetables and inedible oil covered soggy potatoes. We didn't stay long so had fewer drinks, no coffee etc but the bill was higher than each of the much better meals we had at a nearby friendly pub restaurant. Never again.

2  Thank sarah190761
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I can agree with most of the other reviews about the atmosphere of the pub, the attentiveness of the staff, the quality of the beer and so forth. However, on the food side I found the quality to to be good but not exceptional. The price range of the main course was around £14-£18 where as I felt it was probably worth more like £10-£14 if you compare its quality with other pubs in the area serving this style of food. Pricing more realisitic at lunch times though. Don't get me wrong, its certainly worth a visit and I'll be going back there as its serves good beers in a good seting but I'll be restricting the eating side to lunch times.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Good food..... that's it. Nice location but rather uninspiring inside!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Food was delicious and well priced for the quality. Went to a number of restaurants during our holiday and this one was a clear winner!