We used this delightful country pub as a base to explore Somerset/East Devon. We stayed two nights and wish we could have stayed longer. Ann and Nick (the owners) are lovely people, very friendly and welcoming and we were made to feel as though we had been friends for years, We stayed in room 2 with a lovely view over the Quantock hills. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable - we slept very well. Breakfast was excellent and we ate in the restaurant both nights - the food here is superb, plenty of choice on the main and bar menu - if anything the portions are too big, but the quality is very high and reasonably priced for this standard. There is the usual array of drinks that you would expect in a country pub and there were three excellent real ales to sample after dinner. All in all a wonderful visit and somewhere we will definitely return to
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 16th century Inn set in glorious Somerset countryside. 5 en-suite bedrooms, all unique, have just been awarded Alistair Sawday's Pub & Inn of the Year 2009. Restaurant, serving traditional British food, with real log fires and polished wooden floorboards. Perfect for that getaway from it all break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Farmers Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farmers Hotel Taunton
- The Farmers Arms Taunton, Somerset