“Great atmosphere”

Blue Ball Inn
Ranked #67 of 268 Restaurants in Taunton
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional but unique Olde Worlde Pub / Restaurant. Thatched Roof, Beautiful wooden interior and eaves which form the Bar and Dining Rooms. Relaxed informal atmosphere. Beautiful natural country beer garden with stunning views and surrounded by superb trees on three sides. We could go on but just come and experience it for yourselves.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nice building, good food good atmosphere and very handy for us locals as it's smack in the middle of great walking country with loads of wildlife.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This pub was the site of a get-together with an old university friend and his family on a Saturday evening. We wanted somewhere with good food, good atmosphere, but quiet enough for us to talk and catch up with our lives. He picked this place, due to the reviews on TripAdvisor, and none of us regretted it.

My only real mistake was to put my trust in my GSP/SatNav to get there, which meant that I was driving down many miles of single-lane roads/farm tracks, rather than approaching it on the A-Road and doing the short hop up the hill.

But that was fine once I arrived! The staff were welcoming, the beer very tasty (and local) and the dining room was just what we needed.

We really liked the selections on the menu, which came to us hot off the printer - the chef changes the menu daily in order to prepare what is fresh.

I ate the lamb shank and had a lemon posset for dessert. All of my friends were really happy with their choices - one had a vegetarian curry which was very tasty.

Service was attentive, knowledgeable and helpful with any questions that we had.

Very impressive indeed.

Tip: Make reservations for Friday and Saturday nights as it can get quite busy - we were lucky, apparently.

1  Thank TravellingBritNY
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our family meal very much. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I was a little confused about the blapas and the starters with the menu. I ordered the crayfish blapas as a starter, the green curry for main and the coconut creme brûlée for dessert. I thought the blapas and the curry were overpriced for what it was but all food was very tasty and imaginative. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been to The Blue Ball Inn many times and have always found the evening exceptionally good and last night was no different, the food was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful, thank you for a lovely evening and we will be back soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

The blueball is our favourite restaraunt which we use for many special occasions (or any other excuse we can think of) while the decor is obviously not to some people's tastes as seen in previous reviews it is packed full of character with beautiful ages wood being used ago that it feels cozy the front of house team are always lovely and willing to have a chat and make time for each customer even when busy. The food has Leah's been spectacular and we have eaten many things that we would not have thought to try any where else the Somerset game night is a must try who would have thought braised wild boar could taste so good!! While it is sad that some people don't seem able to appreciate how wonderful this place is and are unable to see the hard work that the team have and will continue to put in to make it something special by coming up with new hings to try all the time triscombefest is a roaring success by the way. We will always return and enjoy fantastic food and fantastic food well done guys don't change a thing