All reviews exercise classes dry float pool area steam room drawing room buffet lunch aqua jet churchill suite body massage refurbished room sun loungers spa staff spa hotel evening meal relaxing break travelzoo deal lovely spa
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here with my mum. Staff great and friendly. Room nice spa nice classes good although were cancelled the day we left. Food was gorgeous and treatments well priced. Only problem we had was no cold water from cold tap in bathroom and toilet flush was also with warm water

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Wilf1111
Reviewed April 15, 2019

Lovely building but dated, could do with a little overhaul and a lick of paint. Insufficient seating in pool area. Staff friendly although spa area seemed rushed. Food delicious. Whole place a bit chilly for lounging in wet swimsuits.

1  Thank craigsmum123
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

This place ticks every box for me. I come here to relax and it never fails me. I first stayed about 3 yrs ago for a 2 night break and loved it so much I became a member as I live close by. The moment my membership is up for renewal I join again immediately. The staff are like family with each, so warm and friendly. I am always made to feel welcome whether I am on my own or with friends. I visit each week unless I am away and I always smile to myself as enter the gates. I have never had a bad visit in 3yrs and I have seen just about everything there is to see here. I would say reading some of the negative reviews (I was here for the hen party, but for me they were all lovely) come here to relax and appreciate what is on offer and each other. This is not a corporate hotel, thank goodness, it is a family run business where they work hard to continually update and improve things at a reasonable pace. Well done Top Team Cedar Falls your efforts are greatly appreciated

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank angelhine
Reviewed April 11, 2019

We have just had a two night Spa Break at South Lodge, staying there again as we enjoyed the freedom of self catering and socialising together in private. and all the treatments and beauticians/masseuses etc were very good.
There are just a few points; South Lodge is a great house, but the heating was not working, so mobile heaters had been brought in, however there was still no heating in either bathroom which was very chilly. It also needs a lick of paint around the place and some basic maintenance. There was also no hair dryer in the property. The toilets are difficult to flush and the whole property did not look like it had undergone a proper spring clean and was dirty and dusty in places.
We asked for some ice as the fridge has no ice box and were told we should be charged corkage. Surely this is a self catering property, so that can't be correct?
We would have mentioned this when we left but nobody actually asked if we had had a good time and there was unnecessary confusion about our vouchers.
The cost to stay here is quite high and on this occasion we didn't feel that the property reflected that price.
This has left us all somewhat disappointed, so emailed and have got no response.

Reviewed April 7, 2019

So expense for so little,run down rooms and so cold, every room was cold, trying to relax in any of the sittings rooms bar or dining room was impossible as they were all cold.
Saturday a large hen party took over the place, not what myself or my friend had expected, they made it impossible to use the sitting room etc.
My advice is that there are plenty of much better run health farms, that are modern up to date and peaceful, just as they should be

Room tip: Go somewhere else
3  Thank 13Annie13