“Mobile free zone”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Mobile free zone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was my first visit to a dedicated health farm and it didn't disappoint. Not only are mobile phones banned in public places, but no-one under 16 years of age can book and pets are not allowed. The facilities are excellent and it seems the whole building has been redecorated. One down side is that it is a listed building so no lift. I had a single room in the top of the house and the stairs were very steep and almost too much to cope with. The treatment staff are very good but you do need to book ahead because Cedar Falls is very popular with day visitors. The meals were well cooked and attractively presented, although breakfast choice was limited presumably on healthy option grounds. Altogether a lovely three days.

Room Tip: You need to tell reservations if you have mobility difficulties because all the rooms start on the f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Margaret E
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Margaret E,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your recent visit to Cedar Falls and that you enjoyed your treatments and the food.

Please do let us know when you are returning so we can give you a room on the first floor.

Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have visited several times. The grounds are beautiful and there is a relaxing atmosphere throughout the hotel. People dressed in dressing gowns at breakfast and lunch - very chilled. We had the same room as last time overlooking the rose garden - thankfully it had been redecorated since the last time when the ceiling was in a bad state. The food is consistently of good quality for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had one aromatherapy massage which was excellent. The service provided by staff is consistently helpful.

My only criticism would be that for the price per night robes and slippers should be provided automatically for guests. We had to pay for these which I think is unacceptable in a spa hotel and we have not encountered this elsewhere.

There are many day guests so I would suggest booking treatments in advance or there may not be availability of staff at short notice. The overnight clients were noticeably less on this occasion.

Room Tip: Overlooking rose garden. Choose superior rooms
1 Thank Member888
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Member888,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your recent visit. I will pass on your comments regarding the food and your treatment.

The bathrobes is something that will be reviewed but is explained in the confirmation letter.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Cedar Falls soon.

kind regards

Weymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I booked some 4-5 weeks ago for a basic spa day package for our wedding anniversary. We arrived at 09.15 and told that we would be collected at 09.30 for our tour of the facilities. 10am and I had to ask if we had been forgotten. An apology was given by reception and we duly had our tour by a rather officious lady. That aside our experience for the day was very good. Yes in places the facilities were tired in some areas however it must get a lot of use and nothing can stay new for ever. The Oasis of Tranquility was a very peaceful experience and it was hosted by a lovely lady who made us feel very welcome and explained everything with passion. She made sure my wife was extremely comfortable for her treatment. I particularly enjoyed the quiet room. Food scored very well at lunch time and there was enough of it. The Lemon zest sorbet was particularly good for afternoon tea. (Not included in the package). It was very quiet with not many using pool, sauna etc however the treatments were sold out. So book in advance. I had the Thai Massage and Richard proved to be very good and knew his stuff. A lovely day, both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and came home very relaxed.

1 Thank Graham R
Dear Graham R,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that you and your wife enjoyed your recent spa day and congratulations on your anniversary!

I will pass on your comments to our Head Chef regarding the food and the lovely lemon zest sorbet!

I will also pass on your comments to Richard and to the lady working in the Oasis of Tranquillity.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our first (and probably the last) visit to Cedar Falls Health Farm.
We felt that the whole place needs a massive makeover and we came away very disappointed
We were given a room upgrade as we requested a bath and found room 7 well appointed and extremely clean.
The dinner was delicious, healthy and tasty
The staff generally helpful and friendly with one young girl who was exceptional
Eden looked after us really well and she was professional, helpful and made us feel very special
Breakfast was OK but not as varied or extensive as we would have expected
Boiled eggs were hard boiled and then when we sent them back even the whites were runny
One treatment ( oil and salt scrub) was poor and lasted just 15 minutes in total instead of the advertised 25 minutes
The final treatment of a full body massage was exceptional with a very professional and efficient therapist
Overall, our one night break costing over £300 (and given as a surprise 60th birthday present from our children) was really not in our opinion, very good value for money
We found the whole experience disappointing and the place lacked a positive atmosphere

Room Tip: Room 7 was a "superior" room with en suite bath It had a good view of the gardens and was...
4 Thank JEFF M
Dear Jeff M,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am will pass on your comments regarding the breakfast to our Head Chef, this is not our usual standard and will rectify this. I will also pass on your comments regarding the Salt & Oil Body Scrub to the Clinic Manager. We are currently in the middle of an extensive renovation of the bedrooms, once this is completed we will then move onto the facilities.

On a positive note, I am glad to read that you enjoyed the Body Massage, dinner and that the staff looked after you during your stay.

Kind regards,

Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have just returned from a three night stay at this wonderful Hotel & Spa. I arrived totally worn out in both mind and body (that's what running a small business can do). As I drove up the drive I could actually feel the stress melting away. I was greeted by a friendly helpful receptionist and given all the information I needed. My room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The food was excellent and the facilities were very good indeed. I had booked several treatments in advance of arriving and each one was a delight. All the staff were helpful and very kind, very important to a lady travelling alone. I did not want to leave but know without doubt that I will return.
Thank you all for everything.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank gibsongirl123
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear gibsongirl123,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that you were comfortable and all the staff were friendly, helpful and kind to you during your stay, that is very important to us when you are staying on your own.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Cedar Falls soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

2nd visit to cedar falls, beautiful house and grounds, very relaxing stay. Myself and my friend just used the spa facilities which were great. We very much enjoyed the food, it's always fresh and piping hot. It was lovely to meet the chef last night! The staff were very helpful and friendly, special mention to Jan and to the very friendly head waiter. We were lucky enough to stay in the Churchill suite which was enormous and very comfortable with a lovely powerful shower. We look forward to our next visit!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Alice B,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your comments regarding the staff, and the comments regarding the room and food.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Launceston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just returned from Cedar Falls health Farm. Had a great time and staff made you feel very welcome. The rooms were very large and comfortable. Excellent facilities and the evening meal was very nice. would recommend

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Victoria J, Assistant Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Bigboysteven,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team.

Victoria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant
#2 of 2 in Wellington
Blorenge House
Blorenge House
#10 of 17 in Taunton

Been to Cedar Falls Health Farm? Share your experiences!