“a very special place”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“a very special place”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

my daughter and i have visited cedar falls numerous times over the years and never been disappionted,as soon as you step in the door you will relax ,the staff are wonderful, the food is gorgeous,and the treatments are excellent. a real treat for my daughter and i to spend some quality time together. the house its self is beautiful and comfortable,our room was spacious and the beds very comfortable.whenever we can get away together its usually cedar falls.

Room Tip: the front rooms have beautiful views
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cameron_Hodder, General Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear Sandra C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Cedar Falls. Lovely to hear how we are such a special retreat for you and your daughter and so pleased to read that you experience the 'escape' as soon as you walk through the door.
I will have great pleasure in passing on your wonderful comments about the food and treatments to the team and so pleased to see you enjoyed your bedroom and felt well looked after.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you both back to Cedar Falls in the very near future.

Cameron Hodder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have been visiting Cedar Falls with my sister in law and nieces for what must be 18 years we all love it there, and have gradually been increasing the length of our stay over the years. This Autumn was our longest stay (3 days) and may I say that absolutely nothing was too much trouble. Anything that might have troubled us was dealt with immediately and to our complete satisfaction.

Room Tip: First Floor rooms are more spacious
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Debra F,

Lovely to read your comments and hear from a long term valued guest. Thank you so much for taking the time to review Cedar Falls.
Delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stays and felt well looked after.
I will have great pleasure in sharing your review with the team here.
We're looking forward to welcoming you all back soon for another relaxing break. You can see all our latest offers on our new website (including a very special 3 night break too).

Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2011

As always and I have now visited three times Cedar Falls yet again managed to ease the stress and strain of an exhausting academic year. Whether relaxing by the pool or having a treatment you always feel as if you have eased every muscle in your body (even if it was only reading a book in the relaxing surroundings). Wonderful food and fabulous staff means I shall be going again in the near future. Always worth checking their website for a good deal and they off some really good ones.

Room Tip: All rooms have a room of the countryside as the building is central to some wonderful surroundings.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear LorraineQ844,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Cedar Falls. Such a pleasure to read your review and I will enjoy sharing it with the team here.
Wonderful to read of your frequent visits and how they ease the stress and strain of everyday life...that is certainly what we're here for.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon and so pleased to see you already know about our new website and great deals.
See you soon.

Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Feeling more stressed than I can explain, I ran away to Cedar Falls for a few days, on my own, and had a wonderful time. Even Winston Churchill stayed there, but I don’t suppose it was a health farm then. I went up a long, winding drive through rolling greens and trees and pulled up outside a beautiful old house (just like in the movies). At reception I was given a list of the appointments I had made for the week, but they were all wrong. They had taken my bookings over the phone, agreed the times I wanted and then changed them to suit themselves. Had a personal consultation at 530 and confirmed which days I wanted what. “Unless”, I enquired, “the appointments you have changed around are ‘freebies?’ They were not.
The indoor pool was a treat before breakfast and again before retiring, with the steam room one of my favourite things. All the treatments I had were fantastic and the Indian head massage is something I won't forget. I had a personal trainer who was really understanding, (just as well, ha! ha!) I had a couple of days when I just relaxed in the gardens, or took off to check out the local area. In the dining room I was offered a seat at a big round table, so that I could join in with other singles, or a table for myself. The food was top quality, as was my room. The gardens and surroundings made me feel very relaxed and I returned home feeling renewed. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Dear Margaret W,

Wonderful to read you enjoyed an escape to Cedar Falls and had such a lovely restful time. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with the entire team as we do thrive on feedback from our guests.
Sorry to hear there had been some amendments to your schedule, we try not to confirm treatment times prior to arrival in case you see other activities that you would like to enjoy upon check-in. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible with our treatment diary and hope that we managed to re-adjust accordingly to fit in with your requirements.
A pleasure to read you enjoyed our facilities and a range of treatments too - indeed, our Indian Head massages are renowned and it is not until you've experienced one that you realise how much you needed it!
Wonderful to hear you had time to explore the grounds and local area (we certainly are lucky to be in such a stunning location) and delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and your bedroom too.

Thank you again for coming to visit, we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another relaxing stay.

Clevedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Upon arrival we were very impressed with the surroundings and the reception area. We had booked a superior room but were shown to a classic room which was very disappointing. We requested an upgrade as this is what we had paid for and they did eventually upgrade our room. The food was very good apart from finding a hair in my salad on Saturday lunchtime, the cost of this hadn't been deducted from our stay and we had to purchase other food to compensate (this was taken off our bill once we had complained.

Apart from this the weekend was very relaxing and the treatments were quite good, perhaps we were spoil by our trip to Champneys last year.

Dear Reebell4,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Cedar Falls. Delighted to hear you were so impressed with our grounds, they are truly relaxing and very beautiful even at this time of year.
Very sorry to hear there seemed to be some confusion on your arrival, this certainly is not 'the usual' and is the first I have heard of it; rest assured I will be looking into this further to avoid any repetition. However glad to hear we made it to the right room in the end.
Extremely sorry to read about your dining experience, we have rather strict procedures in place to ensure this doesn't happen. Unfortunately as you mentioned the situation upon checkout, the waiting staff at the time were unaware of the issue and thus an alternative was unfortunately not offered.
I would very much like to ensure you that whilst sometimes mistakes are made, this is extremely unusual.
I will of course be contacting you personally in an effort to discuss further as I would very much like the opportunity to directly make amends.
Delighted that overall you did enjoy a relaxing weekend and experienced some of our treatments.
I very much hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope to speak soon.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I recently visited Cedar Falls for the first time and was really impressed by the professionalism of the staff. The food was lovely and my room was the perfect place to enjoy an undisturbed sleep. I returned home truly relaxed and look forward to visiting again soon.

Dear Jane B,

Delighted to read that you recently visited Cedar Falls for the first time and had such a lovely stay.
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with the rest of the team.
Very pleased to read you enjoyed the food and had such a restful stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I went to Cedar Falls for a 40th birthday treat with 2 close friends. We all had treatments which were wonderful, the therapists were friendly & knowledgeable . Lunch was adequate,very tasty but not much of it & a bread roll with the soup wouldn't have gone amiss!
All the staff were helpful & approachable, be careful when booking in advance treatments of the month as unless you are planning on going during the same month the price will revert back to full price & it may be abit of a shock if you're on a budget! Fortunately for us,the kind lady on reception took this into consideration & we paid the reduced price we were expecting to pay when we booked the trip.
All the facilities were super, I enjoyed the steam room & relaxing in the autumn sunshine on the loungers in the conservatory.
I'm very much looking forward to another visit soon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
The Mount Somerset Hotel
#2 of 2 in Wellington
Blorenge House
Blorenge House
#10 of 17 in Taunton

Been to Cedar Falls Health Farm? Share your experiences!