I recently stayed in this Premier Inn for a night as a stopover on a long journey. The hotel was modern and reasonably well presented and the staff seemed friendly. The travel cot that I requested on the online booking form was actually in the room on our arrival, which I was surprised at (they aren't usually).
There were two problems with this hotel, however. The first is that one side of the hotel is adjacent to a busy road. This might be a problem if you wanted to sleep with the window open, which you would have needed to on the day we stayed there as it was the hottest day of the year. Luckily, our room was on the "quiet side" of the hotel.
The second problem was that the bed was very creaky and the mattress was incredibly uncomfortable. The matress reminded me of those I slept on when I was a student in University digs. It was one of the worst matresses I have slept on in a long time. I ended on sleeping on the floor on top of the duvet folder in two.
Last year, we also did a stopover in Taunton for the same reason but at a Travelodge. I didn't get a good nights sleep there either but I paid a lot less. Given the choice between the two hotels, I would have to go back to the Travelodge (shudder).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes from the town centre, just a short walk from Lyngford House and Somerset County Cricket Club ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel Taunton
- Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel Somerset